13 | Uninvited Guest

A few days later, Cato ended up leaving for District Two again

A few days later, Cato ended up leaving for District Two again. The cycle continued for five months; a few days in Four then back to Two. He refused to let Celeste visit Two though, saying he doesn't trust some of the people in Two to treat her kindly.

Eventually, though, Celeste made her way to District Two during the victory tour. Thankfully, Darian's hearing is getting increasingly better with the help of the Capital, but he still only has 40% of his hearing back, making it hard for him to complete the tour.

Shortly after that, the two made their public debut as a couple during the Victory Party, Snow suggesting that their relationship will cover up Darian's lack of ability to converse with others.

Things were going well for them though. The Capital loved the idea of them together, begging for many interviews. The two obviously obliged, under the orders of Snow. And eventually, they were labeled 'the Prince and Princess of Panem', something that really made Celeste laugh, seeing as Cato was much more the knight in shining armor type than a prince.

That was until Snow showed up.

It happened on one of those days when Cato was visiting, probably off somewhere with Finnick and Darian. Celeste had just spent the morning helping some of the kids catch some fish when she walked into the house.

"Celeste!" Celine called out to her, though she could see on her sister's face that something was obviously wrong.

"Ms. Visser, how lovely it is to see you again. Please, right this way," Snow's all too familiar secretary spoke, pointing towards the office. Celeste tensed but followed nonetheless.

Inside sat President Snow, eating one of Annie's sweet treats.

"Ms. Visser, take a seat," he greeted, gesturing toward the chair in front of him. Celeste politely obliged.

"President Snow, what brings you to District Four?" she asked, keeping her head held high.

"I see you and Mr. Hadley have been doing very well with satisfying the capital. Tell me, is he here with you now?" Snow said instead, leaning on the desk.

"He is, yes," Celeste answered.

"Good. That's good. Though, the people in the Capital are starting to get bored," Snow replied, causing Celeste to furrow her brows in confusion.

"Are you here to ask us to do another interview?" Celeste asked, confused as to why Snow came all the way here just to tell her that.

"I was thinking more of a wedding," Snow answered back with a devilish smile.

"You want us to get married?" Celeste echoed, eyebrows furrowing in shock.

"I'm sure the Capital would love to see it. Think about it, Ms. Visser. I'll be in touch with the details," Snow replied before walking out of the room and getting in his car.