05 | Cato

"What the hell do you mean Snow wanted to talk to you about Cato?" Finnick yelled, evidently shocked at what he had just heard

"I meant exactly that! He just asked about Cato out of nowhere and threatened me if he found out we were together. You know what he means by that Finnick. He's going to kill my sisters," Celeste cried out.

"He won't. I won't let him," Finnick jumped in.

"What if he hurts Cato? I can't have him hurting Cato just for being friends with me," Celeste continued, anxiety evident in her voice.

"Are you sure you two are really just friends?" Finnick asked.

"Yes. Yes, we've never done anything besides have friendly conversations," Celeste replied, pacing back and forth.

"Celeste. I need to know this if I'm going to help you. Do you want to be anything more with Cato," Finnick questioned, causing Celeste to go still.

"I-" She started before stopping for a second.

"I don't know," she answered, tears pooling in her eyes.

"Oh, Celeste," Finnick began as he pulled her into a hug. Celeste stayed rigid in his touch, but Finnick didn't let go.

"What if Snow finds out? He's going to kill my sisters. He's going to kill Cato," Celeste continued, tears now flowing down her cheeks. Finnick only held her tighter, gently soothing her hair.

"Hey. Snow isn't going to hurt them. Not if you don't let him," Finnick reassured her as Celeste tried to calm herself down.

"But you need to talk to Cato about this, Celeste. He needs to know that Snow is threatening him about you two," Finnick advised, earning a sharp inhale from Celeste.

"I can't do that. He doesn't know about my deal with Snow," Celeste argued, pulling away from the hug.

"Celeste, he threatened Cato's life. He needs to know," Finnick countered and Celeste knew he was right. But she wasn't sure if she wanted Cato to know about Snow's habit of threatening Celeste just yet. Still, she knew Cato's life was in danger.

"Fine. I'll see him tonight and tell him everything. Who knows, maybe he won't even want to see me again after he finds out," Celeste finally agreed, calming herself down enough.

"I doubt he'd ever do that. Especially with the way our conversation went today," Finnick replied, mumbling the last part. Unlucky for him, Celeste still heard it.

"What conversation? Did you two talk today?" Celeste questioned, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"What? Who said that? I never said that," Finnick insisted before rushing off to his room.