07 | Limbo

"Come in," Finnick mumbled, hardly awake as Celeste knocked at his door

"Come in," Finnick mumbled, hardly awake as Celeste knocked at his door. After bidding Cato goodbye on the roof, Celeste rushed to find Finnick, craving comfort from her best friend.

"Hi," Celeste whispered, making her way over to Finnick's bed and sliding in between the sheets. Finnick rolled over to face her, examining her expression.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Finnick questioned, pulling Celeste into his chest as he noticed a distressed look on her face.

"I don't know what to do," she whispered.

"What happened?" Finnick asked as he pulled her closer, concerned for his best friend.

"It's just everything. The kids go in the arena in a few days and then there's also everything that's going on with Snow and Cato," Celeste admitted, finally letting out all of her worries.

"Did something new happen with Cato?" Finnick replied as he looked down at Celeste laying on his chest. Celeste nodded with a sniffle.

"We met on the roof again, and we started talking, and then we just kissed. And it felt so sweet and right, but I keep thinking about what Snow would do if he found out, and now me and Cato are in this weird limbo because neither of us have been in a relationship before, and he's still so confused about what to believe and what not to believe. It's all just this big mess," Celeste blurted.

"He kissed you?" Finnick asked in confusion. The last time he and Cato talked, Cato wasn't even sure he liked Celeste. 

"The second time, yes. The first time, I kissed him," Celeste clarified as she bit her lip in worry.

"You kissed twice?" Finnick questioned in disbelief. Celeste only nodded in response, causing Finnick to sigh.

"Well, I wouldn't worry too much about Cato. He cares for you a lot," Finnick reassured as he ran a hand on her head in comfort.

"And what about Snow? How are we supposed to hide this from him? How do you and Annie do it?" Celeste questioned, worry still evident in her voice.

"Annie and I are lucky because we're from the same district. We have most of the year to be together in private. Though, it's still hard when Snow makes me come here and I have to pretend as if nothing happened. The only time you and Cato have together is when you're in the spotlight," Finnick answered honestly, feeling sorry for his friend.