38 | The Visser Siblings

It didn't take long for Celeste to get released from the Hospital

It didn't take long for Celeste to get released from the Hospital. Physically she was fine, besides a few bruises here and there. It was her mental state that seemed to be disturbed.

But, nonetheless, District 13 didn't seem to care about that. If her body was able to work, she should be too.

And so, after a few days, Celeste found herself joining everyone else for dinner.

Wearily, Celeste made her way into the dining hall with her tray, glancing around for anyone she recognized. Anyone that wasn't dead, that was.

But she couldn't find anyone besides a hallucination of Cato and Finnick, causing her skin to crawl. Instantly, Celeste turned away, rushing toward a corner table before the ghosts saw her.

"Hiding in the corner?" Celeste suddenly heard as she attempted to eat. Celine? 

Instantly, the Visser girl's head shot up, letting out a gasp when she saw her two sisters standing in front of her. Quickly, the girl made her way out of her seat, pulling her sisters in for a hug.

"What are you guys doing here? They really got you out?" Celeste asked with a confused frown. Why would the rebels keep this promise when they couldn't keep their promise about Cato and Finnick?

"Of course, Este. You made the deal didn't you?" Celine replied, keeping a tight grip on her older sister.

"A stupid deal at that," Cecilia chimed in, once again scolding her sister for her stupid decisions. 

"Well after Cato and Finnick, I wasn't expecting them to keep their promise," Celeste muttered, grimacing at the mention of her dead friends.

The two other sisters looked at each other in concern before letting out a collective sigh.

"Este. Why do you think Cato and Finnick are dead?" asked Celine, eyebrows furrowed.

Celeste let out a huff as she sat at the table, carefully avoiding her sisters' eyes.

"I saw it. On the television. Finnick died in the arena and Katniss and Cato died in an explosion in Eight," Celeste explained, wincing as she had to remember the horrid details of the videos. The Capitol would show them to her again and again as her form of punishment whenever she did something wrong. Of course, she knew they were dead.