- EPILOGUE -

"Celeste! Let's go! They're waiting!" Cato yelled from downstairs, urging the girl to hurry

"Celeste! Let's go! They're waiting!" Cato yelled from downstairs, urging the girl to hurry. Celeste let out a huff as she fixed her necklace, smiling in the mirror before running down the stairs.

"I'm coming. I'm coming," Celeste muttered, rolling her eyes playfully at Cato's impatience before grabbing onto his hand, and dragging him to the beach.

"Hey!" Celeste yelled out, rushing toward where Annie and Cecilia, who surrounded little Finn.

"Oh my little Finny," Celeste yelled out, picking up Finn from his mother's arms and giving him a squeeze as she planted a kiss in his hand. Annie laughed happily, holding out her arms for when Celeste gave him back.

"Hi little man," Cato cooed, smiling brightly at the little boy with bright blue eyes, "How's he doing?" 

"Keeping me up at night as usual," said Annie with an exhausted look before turning to Cecilia, "But Cilia's been a saint."

Cecilia laughed, shaking her head as she cleaned up some of Finn's shells. 

"I don't do anything more than you do," Cecilia replied, gesturing toward Celeste and Cato. 

"You all do so much," Annie gushed, trying not to tear up as she held on to Finn, "I don't think I would be able to do it without you." 

Celeste frowned as she patted her friend's shoulder, hoping to soothe some of her pain. Losing Finnick had been rather hard on Annie, especially after she revealed that she was pregnant. But their little family from Four tried their hardest to make her job easier. Even if Finnick couldn't be there to help, Celeste thought being surrounded by his family would. 

"Awe I didn't mean to make you cry, Annie," Celeste muttered, smiling sadly, "It's meant to be a happy day. Look at the sun."

Annie wiped her tears before looking at her beautiful son.

"No, you're right. Finnick would want me to be happy," Annie muttered, putting on a brave face as she looked into the eyes of her cooing baby.

"Well, we're gonna go get some sun," said Cato, pointing over to a blanket he must've set up earlier. Celeste laughed at that, waving goodbye to the three before making her way over to the little blanket.

"Here, I brought some snacks," Cato muttered proudly, offering Celeste a plum. Celeste smiled happily as she took a bite, enjoying the sweet taste of the purple fruit. Cato laughed at her, wiping some juice off the side of her chin before taking a bite of his own.

"Delicious," Celeste commented, licking the juice off her fingers. Cato rolled his eyes at her, continuing to eat before throwing their seeds in a bag. 

Once the two had finished eating, the two went silent, staring at the waves in front of them. Of course, Celeste's thoughts wandered to all the ones she lost. Finnick. Mags. Katrine.

Especially Finnick

How he would have loved this day. How he would've loved his son. And how Celeste would easily trade places if she could.

"You okay?" Cato asked suddenly, pulling Celeste out of her thoughts. Celeste let out a little chuckle, noticing the concerned look on his face before nodding.

"Just thinking about everyone," Celeste replied, turning back to the water as she gulped.

"Like Finnick, you mean," Cato replied, reading her like a book. Celeste nodded, heart heavy at the mention of her friend.

"Always," Celeste whispered, biting the inside of her cheek. Cato smiled solemnly, pulling Celestew in for a tight hug as he kissed the top of her head.

"I'm sure he's watching over you," Cato muttered, rubbing her arm in comfort. And Celeste knew he was right. Finnick would kill her for being so upset. 

'Cheer up, Princess. You'll get wrinkles if you frown.' 

So as much as if hurt, Celeste knew she needed to be strong. 

"CELESTE! CATO!" a voice yelled out, pulling from her thoughts once again. This time, it was coming from the water where Darian and Celine played.

Celeste laughed at the two, watching as Darian threw Celine into another wave, raising his arms up in victory. 

"CELESTE! SAVE ME!" Celine cried out, laughing as Darian tried to throw her again, "HE'S ATTACKING ME!"

Celeste chuckled again, turning to see Cato with a playful grin on his face.

"Shall we?" Cato asked, gesturing toward the water. Celeste beamed with energy before springing up.

"Race ya!" Celeste yelled out, rushing toward the water as Cato raced after her.

"Oh, it's on!"

-

a/n: and it's over </33 honestly ngl this fic is lowkey my baby bc I've been working on it for so long and it's kinda sad to see it come to an end, but omgg I'm so relieved

thank you guys soo much for sticking this one out with me,,, I really do appreciate it. I know it's a bit different from my other fics,,, speaking of, if you wanna check out my other works I currently have a treech, festus, and lamina fic up and I'm working on another treech one <333

but yess as always, I would really like to thank you guys so much for reading this fic and indulging me on this extremely long journey lol,,, I'm really gonna miss these two but I'm glad they're happy and in four together

love you guys so much,

hannah <333