42 | Underground

"Boggs!" Katniss muttered, crouching down next to the man

"Boggs!" Katniss muttered, crouching down next to the man. Celeste's eyes widened in shock as she looked at the older man clenching his leg in pain.

"We need to save him!" another squad member yelled, Homes maybe. But Celeste could tell it was too late. Boggs had lost too much blood.

"Katniss. The Holo," Boggs breathed out, voice barely above a whisper. A frantic Katniss hurriedly followed his orders, giving Boggs the tablet.

"What is he doing? We need to help him," Homes urged again, but Celeste grabbed onto his arm. 

"It's too late. Let him have this moment," Celeste whispered, looking at the soldier with whom she'd never really spoken to. Homes looked back at Boggs for a moment before nodding, standing by her side.

"What are you doing?" Katniss asked Boggs, noticing him typing something into the Holo.

"Say your name," Boggs instructed instead, holding the Holo up to Katniss, "Don't trust anyone."

'Ownership Transferred.'

"Boggs, what does this mean?" Katniss asked, looking between the Holo and Boggs. And then, she noticed the man fall still.

"Boggs? Boggs! Wake up!" Katniss yelled, shaking the man on the floor. 

And then, another explosion.

Celeste immediately flung herself to the floor, covering her ears as the group began to panic.

"Celeste?" Cato yelled out, looking away from the commotion of Peeta to find his lover. Instantly, the boy sprung into action, rushing toward her side. Celeste, however, ignored him in favor of mumbling to herself.

"It's not real. Cato's alive. They're all alive," Celeste mumbled to herself, rocking back and forth. Cato tried his best to shake her shoulders, but the commotion in the back had been too much.

"Peeta!" Finnick yelled, grabbing a hold of him as he attempted to attack Katniss. Peeta thrashed around, shoving another soldier away in an attempt to get back at Katniss. Little did he know though that his push triggered another pod, sending the soldier flying into a net of spikes.

And then, the gunk started.

"We need to get out of here!" Jackson yelled, urging everyone away. Instantly, Cato flung himself off the ground, pulling Celeste along with him as the group ran from the gunk. The gunk continued to follow them, flooding the streets as it overtook the abandoned cars on the streets and Boggs's body.