19 | Butterflies

"Knock knock," Finnick teased, poking his head into Celeste's room again

"Are you going to do this every day?" Celeste groaned, sitting up from her comfortable position to face him.

"Every day? We only have like two more days left until we're in the arena," Finnick defended, though he was obviously joking. Celeste rolled her eyes at this, tossing a pillow in his direction.

"Yes, Finnick. How can I help you?" she whined, causing Finnick to chuckle and climb into bed.

"I heard about your little outburst from Haymitch. So you decided to join the rebellion after all?" he replied, shifting the tone to be more serious.

"I did. I wanted to see if he could offer me a better deal than Snow," Celeste admitted, looking at her hands.

"So that's why Snow called you? We all thought you were in trouble. It took like 3 Peacekeepers just to hold Cato back from following you," Finnick questioned, eyebrows furrowed.

"He does love using me," Celeste remarked.

"So what was the deal?" Finnick asked, moving on.

"He said that if I kill Katniss, then he'd make sure Cato got out of the arena alive," Celeste admitted, turning back towards Finnick.

"So what did Plutarch offer you?" he asked, leaning in closer.

"He promised to save everyone I love," Celeste confessed, a small smile now spreading on her face. She knew Finnick would never be able to know what exactly went down in that room.

"So Cato and your sisters?" Finnick repeated with a laugh.

"Haha so funny. It's more than just that,," Celeste replied with a playful eye roll.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night," Finnick teased, causing Celeste to throw another pillow at him.

"You know, I'm starting to think you're the violent one in the relationship. I've never had Cato throw a pillow at me," Finnick teased, rubbing the spot that got hit by the pillow.

"You're such a big baby."

-

A few hours later, Celeste and Finnick were getting ready for their individual assessments with the rest of the group. Celeste sat fiddling with her fingers as she waited for her turn, zoning out.

"Yo, Butterfly. I bet you can't get a better training score than me," she suddenly heard Cato tease, causing her to look up with a smirk.

"Oh, you're so on," Celeste agreed as Cato grinned. From the corner of her eye, she could see Finnick looking at the two, bewildered.