26 | Reunion

"Cato!" Celeste yelled out as she ran through the forest, frantically searching for Cato

"Cato!" Celeste yelled out as she ran through the forest, frantically searching for Cato. To her horror, there was no sign of him, only the lingering sound of his screams echoing through the trees.

"Celeste!" she heard Johanna yelling from a few feet behind her, but the District Four girl continued to ignore her pleas as she circled around the trees.

"Celeste!" she heard once again, this time from Katniss. A second later, Celeste felt two hands grip her shoulders as her body turned to face a frantic Katniss.

"Celeste! It's just the Jabberjays, it's not real," Katniss insisted, eyes shaking as she tried to calm her down. Celeste shook her head in response, refusing to listen.

"How do you think they got that sound, Katniss? Jabberjays copy," she spat back, watching as Katniss' face lit up with panic before disappearing from Celeste's sight. In the distance, she could see the way Johanna, Peeta, and Beetee waved their arms desperately trying to get her attention, but for some reason, she could no longer hear their yelling.

A moment later, Celeste heard Cato's screams again, causing her body to stiffen. 

Cato. I need to find him.

-

At the sound of Celeste's scream, Cato's blood ran cold.

"Cato!" 

The voice rang again. 

Celeste. Cato thought. I need to find Celeste.

Without a second thought, Cato began sprinting through the trees, following the voice. He didn't care about the stupid rain or the idea of running the careers, none of that mattered right now. He needed to find Celeste.

"Celeste!" Cato yelled back as he weaved through the trees. No response.

"Celeste! Where are you?" he tried again, this time garnering a response.

"Cato!" her voice rang, this time much closer than before.