12 | The Beach

"Celeste! You have a guest!" Celine yelled out to Celeste from the backdoor

"Celeste! You have a guest!" Celine yelled out to Celeste from the backdoor. Celeste, too busy fixing her garden, replied without thinking.

"Tell Finnick I'll be inside in a minute!" Celeste screamed back, tending to her flowers.

"I arrive early and suddenly you're expecting Finnick? I'm offended, Butterfly," Celeste heard a familiar voice. Celeste whipped her head around at the sound and rushed up from the ground. When she turned around, she locked her gaze with the familiar blonde boy, sporting his usual smirk.

"Cato?" she yelled out, running towards the boy and flinging herself into his arms. Cato laughed as he caught the girl, not even flinching at the sudden attack.

"Hey, Butterfly," he replied coolly, chuckling at her and earning a smack on the arm from her.

"Ow," he chuckled, rubbing his arm.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming a day early?" Celeste shouted out, still shocked.

"The train ride was faster than I was expecting," Cato cried, still rubbing his arm.

"Let's go, you have to meet everyone!" Celeste answered instead, dragging the boy into the house. Celine followed shortly behind, a wide grin spread on her face.

"Lia! Celeste's boy toy is here!" Celine yelled upstairs.

"Boy toy?" Cato questioned with an amused smirk.

"Don't look at me. Blame Finnick for the nickname," Celeste responded, holding her hands up in defense.

A moment later, Cecilia came rushing down the stairs, stopping when she noticed the tall boy standing in the living room.

"Cato, these are my sisters, Cecilia and Celine. Cecilia, and Celine, meet Cato," Celeste introduced them, gesturing to each one as she mentioned them. Celine reached out first, grabbing his hand and shaking it.

"We met. I was the one that opened the door," she said, eagerly gripping his hand.

"I remember. You're Celine, right? Celeste said you like making fishhooks, maybe you could teach me," Cato answered with his charming grin.

"He's a charmer, that's for sure," Cecilia whispered to Celeste, causing her to laugh.

"Oh, you should've seen him with the old women in the Capital. They adore him," Celeste whispered back, gaining the attention of the other two.

"What are you two whispering about?" Celine cut in. Cecilia just waved her off and moved on to greet Cato.

"Cato, it's nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you," she replied instead, shaking the boy's hand with a little more strength than usual. Cato didn't flinch though.