30 | Be the Mockingjay

"We have to get her out of there," Cato urged as he began walking to where he presumed to be the control room, looking for someone, anyone in charge

"Woah, hey. We can't just barge in there," the boy who was next to Katniss explained, jumping in front of Cato. Cato stopped with a scoff.

"And why not?" Cat demanded, clenching his jaw.

"They don't take visitors. If you have a request, you have to bring it up to an official when you see them. You'll just have to wait," the boy replied, pointing to a sign that read 'no entrance'. Cato once again scoffed.

"Like hell, I'm listening to that," Cato spat back, shoving the guy out of the way before making his way into the room. Inside, stood four people: Haymitch, Plutarch, a lady in gray, and a soldier.

"Cato, you can't be in here-" Haymitch began to say, but the younger boy immediately shut him down.

"Did you see that video?" Cato urged, pointing toward a screen, "They're going to kill her for that. We need to get her out of there."

The group looked at one another with solemn looks for a moment before the lady in gray spoke.

"We can't do that."

"Why not?" Cato shouted.

"It's too dangerous. I'm sorry, but it's not possible," explained the lady as Cato clenched his jaw.

"So we're just going to let her die. We're going to let them all die? Celeste? Peeta? Johanna? Annie? There's no helping them?" Cato asked glaring at the four in the room. 

Once again, the group went silent, glancing at one another.

"There's nothing we can do."

-

For the rest of the day, Cato refused to work. Damn this schedule, he thought. Being here wasn't worth it if it meant he couldn't get Celeste back.

Instead, Cato stayed in the room he now shared with Finnick, keeping his gaze locked on the ceiling, thinking of what to do next. How would he get her out now? Was there any way of escaping District 13? And if there was, how could he possibly get into the Capitol?