14 | Katniss

The 74th Hunger Games were a blur to Celeste

The 74th Hunger Games were a blur to Celeste. That year, her tribute wanted nothing to do with her and the boy, sadly was only 12, and everyone knew he wasn't going to make it.

Cato's male tribute was once again, just like him. Like scarily similar, but Celeste assumed that would happen every year, seeing as District 2 always sent their toughest and strongest competitor. The girl was surprisingly also super promising, and Celeste honestly thought she was going to be the one to make it out. 

But, she didn't. Not because she wasn't strong enough, but because she stopped to give the Capital a show. 

The real surprise though was District 12. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. Peeta was strong and smart, charming the Capital with his interview and selling a fake love story. Katniss was fiery and stubborn, but very skilled with a bow.

And the biggest shock of it all, the idiot, Seneca Crane, somehow managed to allow two victors that year. Katniss explained her act of disobedience as being blinded by love, but Celeste knew better and she admired Katniss for her defiance.

So, when Celeste and Cato got invited to go to their victory party, Celeste happily complied.

-

"Play nice, Cato," Celeste commented as they walked in, arm in arm. Cato rolled his eyes at that, much more frustrated about the games compared to Celeste.

"They stole my tributes spotlight and then murdered him, what do you expect?" Cato replied, causing Celeste to laugh at him.

"Don't go throwing a temper tantrum on me now, you big baby," Celeste teased, pinching his cheek. But, Cato didn't budge.

"Fine. If you're not going to play nice, then go hang out with Finnick. I'm going to find Haymitch," Celeste answered, playfully rolling her eyes at the boy and planting a kiss on his cheek before making her way down the stairs.

"Celeste! You look stunning tonight. Come, meet my two victors, Peeta and Katniss," she heard Haymitch yell out as she was making her way through the crowd. Haymitch happened to be one of Celeste's favorite people, enjoying the man's presence when he was somewhat sober enough to hold a conversation.

"It's nice to finally meet you two," Celeste greeted, shaking both of their hands one by one.