33 | Message for President Snow

"We have to get out of here and into the bunker!" Cato heard Boggs yell over the chaos

"We have to get out of here and into the bunker!" Cato heard Boggs yell over the chaos. A second later, he felt himself being dragged off the ground and toward a warehouse.

"This was a planned attack. Get them to the blue warehouse now! You have 45 seconds until the next wave," Plutarch warned through the headset.

The group quickly made their way over to the warehouse through the pain. Katniss especially seemed to be struggling as she forced herself to keep up with the rest of the group.

"Come on," Cato warned as he held out an arm for her to grab onto. With Cato's help, Katniss began to pick up her pace, making it into the warehouse just before the second wave went off. 

Immediately, Cato braced himself for impact, blocking Katniss from taking any hits. But the strikes didn't seem to be coming for them. Instead, they seemed like they were heading in a different direction.

"They're targeting something. What are they targeting?" Cato asked as he watched the hoverplane go by.

"The hospital," Gale breathed out, turning toward Katniss and Cato in shock.

"No. It can't be," Katniss breathed out, "There's nothing there but wounded-"

As soon as Katniss spoke, Haymitch's warnings began as if he already knew what she was planning. And either Katniss was predictable or Haymitch really knew her because almost immediately, Katniss broke into a sprint toward the sound of gunfire.

Both Cato and Gale followed her, ripping out their earpieces as they made their way toward Paylor, who had been hidden on a roof with a row of machine guns.

"You trained?" Paylor asked the group, turning toward the group for a second. 

"Well enough," Cato replied as both Gale and Katniss nodded toward their bows. Cato immediately positioned himself next to Paylor and got ready to shoot.

"They have to let down their protective shields before they drop the bombs. That's when we need to strike," instructed Paylor as the group crouched down and watched the hoverplanes.

Suddenly, a group of 7 bombers began to approach in a V formation. Instantly, Cato aimed his gun toward the left side of the V, hitting one of the plane's wings. Katniss also seemed to have hit one, forcing the planes to lose their ability to reactivate their shield, but from the look on her face, it was clear that she wasn't exactly happy.