24 | Run

"Celeste

"Celeste. Get back here now," Finnick instructed as Celeste's eyes widened in fear. Instantly, Peeta gripped her arm, drawing her closer to the group.

Celeste shivered as three monkeys followed closely behind, clutching her spear tighter. From the corner of her eye, she noticed a monkey lunge toward the two of them and a moment later, she was flinging her spear into its chest.

"There's no way we can take them all down! We need to head towards the beach!" Celeste yelled back to the others, retrieving her spear as chaos broke out.

 The monkeys roared and flung themselves left and right, viciously attacking the group as the four tried their best to fend them off. But there were just too many of them and their fangs were much too ferocious.

They're not going to make it out of here.

Celeste heaved as she stabbed another monkey in the chest, throwing its remains in the water as she set sight on her next target. 

"Move down!" Finnick yelled as the group continued to defend themselves, slowly making his way down the path. Celeste frantically followed behind and made her way toward the beach, keeping her eyes open for any danger. 

That was until she saw what was happening.

"Katniss, watch out!" Celeste yelled as she noticed a monkey throwing itself at her. Immediately, Celeste lunged in between the two, blocking the monkey from getting to Katniss. And then the excruciating pain started -- the monkey's sharp claws slicing across her stomach. 

"Celeste!" Finnick yelled out as she stabbed into the monkey, eyes squeezed shut from the pain. But Celeste fought through it, she needed to get Katniss and Peeta out of there. 

So even though her body convulsed in pain, she continued to mutilate any monkey that jumped in their way, hands shaking in adrenaline.

"Fuck, it hurts," Celeste breathed out as she stumbled her way down toward the beach, falling onto the sand as her legs turned to jelly. In the background, she could hear Peeta panicking about carrying someone to the water, causing her to panic.

'Did Katniss get hurt? What was going on?' she thought as she tried to turn back, but it was pointless. Her legs refused to move. 

"Hey, don't worry about them right now, they're fine. We need to get this cut clean," Finnick insisted as he rushed over to her, pulling Celeste close to the water as Peeta and Katniss ran by with someone in their arms. Finnick frantically sliced her suit to get better access to the cut as he used the water to wash off the blood, balling up the remains of her suit.