CHAPTER 3 - NEW ROOMMATE

"BL World, I am finally here..."

I exclaimed the minute my feet touched the pavement outside Bangkok International Airport. The only positive thing that has lately occurred to me is boy-love dramas. I am so into it that I often have concerns about my sexuality, despite the fact that I haven't really had the chance to explore it.

"Not all males like each other, River."

Lorraine laughed at my unusual flash of enthusiasm. It was ten o'clock at night, and everyone looked ready to hit the bed, except for me. I have traveled to Thailand before for official purposes, but never after having my soul surrendered to hot men. I don't believe I will be able to go around the country without having my vulture eyes follow every guy's movement. Perhaps I have finally gone insane.

It was close to 03.00 a.m. when we arrived at the village a few miles outside of Bangkok, and there wasn't much to see owing to the darkness. Our production team rented several houses in the area and built an entire set in the last month, which was not an easy task, but they pulled it off pretty well.

Lorraine and I were given our own house, equipped with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a foyer, and an open kitchen. It was basic but soothing, and I enjoyed the fresh air and the constant sound of crickets, assuring me that I had escaped from the sky scrapers and the clutches of city life.

"We have a meeting at 11 a.m. tomorrow."

Lorraine, who was in the middle of a conversation with Matt, yelled from the hall. I gave her a thumbs up as I walked into my bedroom after taking a hot bath.

I texted my family to let them know I had arrived and set the alarm before slipping into a deep sleep.

...........................

I opened my eyes with a slight smile on my lips. I haven't felt this rested in a long time. My nose savored the scent of freshly fallen leaves, while my ears rejoiced in the sound of chirping birds. I expected that the abrupt change in location wouldn't allow for much sleep, yet despite feeling a little cold at twilight, I had a great night's sleep.

Lorraine's door remained closed while I got dressed, confirming that she was still sleeping, and I decided not to disturb her. It was only an introductory meeting, and even if she came, she wouldn't have much work. We were simply going to organize the shoot for the following week, and I was certain I could manage this briefing on my own.

Our cabin was a bit farther away from the others, something I requested from the management staff. The greater the distance, the less I will have to interact with people. I was dressed casually in a loose, plain white shirt and faded denim, with my shoulder-length black hair pulled back in a messy bun. Anyone could conclude from my appearance that I just got out of bed, but I doubt they would give a damn. It was too much trouble to put on cosmetics and get dolled up this early in the morning, so I only had moisturizer and lip balm on my face. I use makeup when necessary, but I don't think I will have to wear it 24/7.

"Good Morning, writer. You look like a zombie."

Carla, the female protagonist in this film, came out of her house and waved at me warmly. She looked ready to attend the gala, and I was in awe of her beauty. Compared to me, she seemed really elegant.

"What time did you get up to look that perfect?"

I playfully remarked as I waved her back. She was a fine woman who was probably in her late 20s or early 30s and was not much older than I was. We frequently ran into one another at award ceremonies and several venues and shared a mutual liking for each other.

"Six in the morning."

She rolled her eyes and crouched down to strap on her heels. I was ready to comment something about the uneven path and the disadvantages of wearing high heels in such surroundings, but I bit my tongue after watching how effortlessly she handled it.