CHAPTER 13 - LESSONS ON SEDUCTION

"Huh?"

I had no clue a person's eyes could widen so much. It appeared as though his eyeballs were going to jump out, but in a charming way.

"As I already indicated, my initial approach to you had been rather blunt. I skipped a lot of phases. Don't worry, I will make it all right."

I am not exactly sure what made me so audacious, but my psycho part was in love with this new version of myself. And his flushed cheeks fuelled my drive. He was so embarrassed that he still had little to no sense of how to respond.

"I.... I am not..."

He swallowed, his Adam's apple protruding, either from gulping down the remarks he was going to deliver or because of the lack of it. In any case, I was enjoying his distress. All this time, filmmaking was simply a job for me, and I enjoyed it, but only from a professional point of view. However, right now, I am relishing it so thoroughly that it nearly feels unethical.

"End of break time."

One of the crew members shouted, and I got up from my seat, before throwing a wink at the breathing statue of Eugene.

........

I awoke about one o'clock in the afternoon and stretched my body to its fullest, savoring a good night's sleep.

We will have late-night filming today; therefore, all of us were advised to get as much sleep as we could. Also, I slept carefree, compared to the last three nights of restlessness. Eugene's absence bothered me so much, particularly during the night, where I would just lie and overthink as I kept tossing and turning and screaming into my pillow. But after yesterday, I feel relieved.

Even though it was late afternoon, I prepared myself a mug of coffee and a full English breakfast. Because of my hectic schedule, I seldom spent a lot of time in the kitchen, but I cooked whenever I could. Cooking was yet another one of my favorite pastimes, and I genuinely liked it.

I burped in satisfaction upon finishing the last bite of my sausage and washing it down with a glass of orange juice.

"What a wonderful morning."

I said to myself before clearing the plates and connecting my Bluetooth to the speaker.

Unholy by Sam Smith blared from the amplifiers, and I let my body sway to the beat. I waltzed as I grabbed the broom and started tidying up. I had not really cleaned this place in days, and I didn't like how messy it was.

"Mommy don't know Daddy's getting hot, in the body shop, doing something Unholy."

I sang out loud, immersing myself in the rhythm. That song was so sick.

The house was sparkling after about an hour of cleaning and a series of my favorite tracks. Everything was in its right place, and I exhaled in contentment, scanning my surroundings for anything out of order. And, nope, everything was perfect. That's how I feel right now.

I then took a long, hot shower, and I felt reborn after stepping out of the bathroom. All clean and refreshed.

It was seven in the evening by then, and I had to be at work by 10 p.m. Good, I have plenty of time. So, I grabbed my laptop and searched for something I had been wanting to look up since yesterday.

'How do you seduce a man?'

I double-checked that I was using the Incognito browser since I didn't want Lorraine to come across my history and get a heart attack.

The first link explained what seduction is, so I left it untouched. What I need are tips. I surfed for some time, but nothing interested me. Either it was too much or way too little.