Chapter 1 /Edited

Blake's pov

I was staring at the ceiling. Thinking about what the new town would be like. My mom's job would place her in different towns but she keeps telling me that we will settle one day. I'm still waiting. "Blake its time to leave!" my mom yelled.

"Coming." I yelled back. I grabbed my last suitcase and my phone and made my way to the car. I put my suitcase in the backseat and sat in the passenger seat.

"Ok. Lets go." My mom said and drove off. We were on our way to a small town called River Hollow. I think its a weird name. it was a six hour drive so I put my ear phones on and played some music. I stared out the window and watched as the land zoomed past me. I slowly started to grow tired and closed my eyes and fell asleep.

***

"Blake. Wake up." My mom shook me. I opened my eyes to see we wer at our new home. "Home sweet home." My mom said. I got out of the car and took my things out of the car. I walked in the front door and everything was already prepared for us. I went up stairs and found my bedroom. I placed my suitcase next to my bed and looked around.

There was a walk in closet and my own bathroom. I put my suitcase on my bed and started unpacking. "Blake! Your other things are on the couch!" my mom yelled. I went downstairs and grabbed my other boxes and took it to my new room. It took me whole day to finish unpack.

My mom knocked on my door and I looked at her. "Im ordering take out. You want anything?" She asked.

"How about a burger." I said. She nodded her head and headed out. I grabbed my towel and headed to my shower. I turned the faucets and waited for the water to get warm. I got undressed then stepped into the shower.

I let the water run down my body and relax my muscles. I washed all of todays germs and dirt off of me then washed away the soap. I turned off the faucets and grabbed my towel. I dried my feet and legs and slipped on my shower slippers. I dried myself and walked to the sink. I grabbed my toothbrush and the toothpaste and brushed my teeth.

Once I was done, I grabbed my lotion and applied it to my legs, arms and face. I walked out of my bathroom and into my closet. I took out my shorts and pajama top and got dressed. I bushed out my messy hair and tied it into a ponytail. I heard the house door open then close and I went downstairs.

"That was fast." I said. My mom smiled at me and handed me my food and drink.

"Want to watch a movie?" My mom asked.

"Do I get to pick?" I asked.

"No." she said and made her way to the living room.

"Then count me out." I said. before I went upstairs, I heard my mo say.

"You start school next week monday. Be happy we moved on a friday." She said.

I smiled and went to my room. I took out my laptop and went into netflix. I scrolled through my list and landed on After. I pressed play and started to eat my burger. Half way into the movie, I finished my food and drink and felt tired. I looked at the time and it was 9:30pm.

I turned off my movie and went downstairs to throw away my cooldrink can and the burger box. I got to the kitchen and diposed of my dirt. I turned off the lights and went back upstairs. I looked into my mom's room and saw her sleeping. I closed her door and went to my room.

I closed my door and opened my window a little. I cant sleep without my window open. I pulled the curtains closed and turned off my room light. I took off my pompom and placed it on my nightstand aswell as my phone. I got into bed and went to sleep.

***

The next morning, I got up and went to my bathroom to brush my tooth. When I was done, I went closet and took a pair of jeans and a black top that said 'Be yourself' and my black hoodie. I took my black nike sneakers and slipped them on. I brushed my hair but didn't tie it up.

I went downstairs to find my mom making breakfast. "Morning Blake. Pancakes or cereal?" She asked.

"Pancakes please." I said. I grabbed a mug and made me some coffee. I sat at the kitchen island and my mom place the plate of pancakes in front of me. I took a bite of my pancakes and a sip of my coffee.

"So... I am going to the office today. I wont be back till five." My mom said.

"On a Saturday. I have things to do anyway." I said. My mom kissed me on my forehead and left for work. I finished my breakfast and cleaned up.

If your wondering where my dad is, its a story I dont really want to talk about but lets say he left when I was nine. He claimed he wasnt fit to be a father. We dont really talk about him.

I grabbed my phone and headed out. I locked the door and walked down the street. River Hollow didn't seem like a big town. Then again I grew up in the city. Some of the teens looked at me but I ignored them. I stopped at a bookstore and saw my favourite book. Twilight.

I walked into the bookstore and towards the bookshelf. I took the first twilight book and opened it. "Did you see what she is wearing? It gives emo vibes." A girl said. I looked at them and they gave me a smile that screams 'Im better than you'. I rolled my eyes, put the book back and left the store.

I walked into another shop and bought some things for school. Once I was done I left the store and walked around a little bit. I got used to the streets and found my way back home. I unlocked the front door and went inside. I placed my things in my room and prepared it for school on monday.

I stopped when I heard a knock on the front door. "Hello. Anyone home?" I heard someone asked. Did I leave the front door open? I went downstairs and saw a tall guy with black hair and blue eyes. Am I dreaming or is there a perfect guy standing at the front door? I shook off that thought and walked towards him.

"Hi. Can I help you with something?" I asked. He smiled and leaned against the door frame.

"I heard there was someone who moved in here. I just wanted to say welcame to River Hollow." He said.

"Thanks." I said.

"Are you living alone?" He asked.

"No. My mom is at work." I explained. He nodded his head and looked behind him. I looked aswell to see his friends with grins on their faces. Oh so this is probably a challenge. "Is this a challenge you got from your buddies over there?" I asked.

He looked behind him again and chuckled. "Your smart. Yeah, they said they would give me a hundred bucks if I talked to the new neighbor.? He said. I rolled my eyes and gave him a fake smile.

"Well then. I guess you won your little bet. Bye now." I said.

He chuckled and left my porch. His friends winked at me and I just slammed the door closed. Great. I've been here for one day and I am already boys target. I went to the living room and turned on the tv. Might as well pass the time by watching tv.