Chapter 14 /Edited

I woke and found myself alone in the bed. I checked the time and it was four in the morning. I got up and took one of Eric's jackets. I left the room and started looking for him. I checked in the kitchen and around the house but couldn't find him.

I lastly went to his office but didn't find him. I went back downstairs and saw a door I have never noticed before. I walked towards it and opened it.

It lead me to a staircase going under the house. I went down the stairs and it seemed endless. As I got closer to the bottom it started to smell terrible. Like rotten fish. I got to the bottom of the staircase and saw another door with a small window on top.

I peeked through the window to see a dungeon. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I tall figure came out of one of the cell but it didn't look like Eric. He walked towards the door I was at.

I rushed back upstairs and quietly closed the door. I ran into another room and hid. I peeked through and saw it was Jonathan. He had a smirk on his face and walked out the front door. I took a deep breath of relief and was about to leave.

Someone pulled me back and put their hand over my mouth. I didn't recognise the guy but I followed his eyes to the back door. I saw Jonathan and more vampires surrounding the house.

What was happening? The guy gestured for me to stay quiet. He took me by my arm and lead me up the stairs. We got to the fourth floor and he took me back to Eric's room. "Alpha told me to keep an eye on you. You cannot leave this room." He said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"I cant tell you." He said. I gave him a serious face and folded my arms.

"I asked you why." I said in a more demanding voice. He sighed and made sure no vampires were here.

"He said that he told you about it and you told him to do it." He said. Well that's not confusing at all. That's when it hit me. The deal. He actually did it in one night.

"Ok. I am going back to bed." I said and the guy smiled.

"Im Paul by the way." He said.

"Blake." He closed the door and I just wanted more sleep. I took of the jacket and was about to climb back into bed when a cold hand covered my mouth.

"Scream and I kill you." He said. Was this seriously happening again. I know it only happened once but once is more than enough for me. I played along with his game.

"Walk." He said. I walked towards the balcony and the cold wind sent a shiver down my spine. No way in hell was I gonna freeze to death. I bit his hand, elbowed him in his stomach then in the sensitive area.

He held back a scream and I ran for the door. Just when I had the handle he pulled me back by my arm. "Paul!" I yelled. Paul ran in and attacked the vampire. I fell to the ground when the vampire let go of my arm.

Paul fought with the vampire and I left the room. I ran and hid in Eric's office. I closed the door and locked it. I hid under the small space in the desk. I am not that small guys.

I stayed under the desk and the place fell silent. For the first time I felt fear. The last time I felt fear like this was when I lost my dad. I got scared. I just wanted things to go back to normal.

I heared the door rattle. Someone was trying to open it. My heart started racing and it was getting hard to breath a bit. The rattling stopped but I was still scared. "Blake its me. Open the door." It was Eric. I jumped out of my hiding spot and opened the door.

I hugged Eric the minute I saw him. I held him tight as he hugged me back. "Are you ok? That vampire didn't hurt you right?" He asked. I nodded a no and he sighed in relief.