Chapter 24 /Edited

I ran around our garden and my dad chased me.  "You  can't catch me ." I said.

"Watch me." My dad said and caught me. I laughed as he spun me around. We sat on the grass and my mom joined us.  "Blake. Im going to tell you a story." My dad said.

"What kind of story?" My five  year old self asked.

"The kind that will amaze people. Many years ago, there was a girl named Selena. She had amazing powers. She created werewolves and vampires. One day, she saw that wolves were struggling against the dangers of the world. She created  a special wolf. That wolf could see in the dark and mist. Their sense were ten timess stronger than any wolf. Also the wolf could cause natural disasters. Earthquakes, storms, floods, droughts, and even break the ground into two. When the wolf was discovered by the other super natural, they called him the cursed wolf. They wanted to kill him but he got away and no one heard from him again." My dad spoke.

"So they judged him before they got to know him." I said.

"Yes. Its just a story. The book will always be with us." My dad said. He started to tickle me and so did my mom. 

***

I woke up and found myself laying next to Eric. It was just a dream. A dream about the cursed wolf. I jumped out of bed and got dressed. "Where are you going in a hurry?" Eric asked.

"I think I know where to look for the book about cursed wolf." I said. Eric sighed. I walked out of the closet and headed down stairs. I grabbed Eric's car key and ran to his car.

I started it up and drove to my house. When I got there the house seemed to be closed. I went in and no one was home. I went to the attic and looked through all my dads old stuff.

I found lots of books but not the one I was looking for. I looked in the last box and finally found it. The story of the cursed wolf.

Why did my dad have this though? I read the book and it was extremely long. Hours went by and I finished the book. I heard a door open and close.

I went down to see my mom. "Blake. I didn't know you were home." She said. I gave her the book and she looked at me weirdly.

"Do you care to explain why dad had this book?" I asked my mom. She looked worried and sighed.

"Look its just a myth." My mom said. I rolled my eyes and I was slowly getting mad.

"Look. I know wolves and vampires exist. Now tell me why dad had this book and knew so much about this." I said. My mom looked at me shocked.

"How do you know that?" She asked me.

"Eric is a wolf." I said. She looked shocked and took my hand and lead me up to her office.

"Your telling me you have a mate." She said.

"Well yeah. Also Eric isnt a wolf he is a hybrid." I said. My mom looked mad.

"Pack your things. We are leaving." My mom said.

"What? No. Im not leaving." I said. My mom  turned to me then looked at my neck.

"He already marked you!" She yelled and a gush of wind blew through the room.

Every page and book fell to the floor. I was shocked. "What just happened?" I asked my mom. She sighed and sat down. The wind stopped and I was officially scared and confused.

"Im a witch Blake." My mom said.

"Ok. Let me just smack my head against a wall cause I think I heard you wrong." I said as a joke.

My mom didn't laugh though. "Your serious." I said.

"Yes. And your dad was the cursed wolf." She said. I sat on the floor trying to process what she said.

"Blake. I wanted to tell you. You are a wolf but I put a spell on you that you wouldn't shift. But I guess it broke somehow." She said. She walked towards me and tried to take my hand.

I pushed her away and walked out of her office. She followed behind me. "Blake wait. Let me explain." She said. I turned to her and felt the tears roll down my cheeks.

"Then explain why you did all this? Why you stopped me from shifting? Why you didn't tell me I was a wolf?" I questioned. She sighed.

"Your father was killed by vampires. You then became the cursed wolf and I wanted to protect you. So I used a spell to suppress your wolf and powers." She said.

"You lied!" I yelled and ran out the door.

"Blake! I did it to protect you!" She yelled back. I got in the car and drove off.

I drove into the woods but I didnt know where I was going. I sped up and kept driving. The tears were falling and I got angrier. My grip on the wheel got tighter. I hit the breaks when I came up to a river. The car stopped immediately and I screamed.

I fell back in my seat and took in a deep breath. I looked out the window and cried. My life seemed to be nothing but a lie. My wolf was always with me and I never knew about it.

I got out and started running. I jumped over the river and shifted mid air. I ran far away from everyone. My legs started to hurt but I kept pushing.

I ran and ran. I couldnt stop. I felt mad, scared and hurt. Everything I knew was based on a lie. I ran till I ended up at a cliff and howled. I sat down and looked over the cliff.

There was an ocean. Nothing but water. I thought about jumping over the cliff. I was a cursed wolf and everyone would hate me. Just as much as they hate Eric. Before I knew it I slipped and fell over the cliff. I hit my head against a rock and blacked out.