Chapter 32 /Edited

"Im going to be the next queen. Why?" I asked. The queen sighed and called me to stand next to her. I walked towards her and she took a hold of my hands.

"Your dad is my eldest brother." She said. My jaw dropped. I didnt know what to say. "He let me take over cause he didn't want you to grow up with all this. He wanted a peaceful life and..."

I pulled my hands away and walked towards the doors. "Blake! This is your birth right. My mate and I aren't able to have kids and your the next in line. The cursed wolf was always meant to be queen or king." She said.

I turned to her and the tears flowed down my cheeks. "My life is none of your business. I have been through so much and you expect me to believe your my aunt." I said. The queen walked towards me and tried to hold my hands.

"I can show you that Im not lying. But the important thing is, you need to start learning how to be a queen." She said.

"No. I need to check up on my mom, my mate and my pack. Cause the last thing I remember is the fight. I know nothing. I dont even know if they are alive. Im leaving." I said.

"Your going to be queen no matter what Blake." She said.

"Stay away from me. I dont have to be anything I dont want to be!" I growled and the ground shook. I walked around the castle until I found the exit. I went out and I was shocked.

There was a blizzard. This isn't normal. I shifted and ran into the woods. I didn't know where I was going but I wanted to go home. I ran into the woods hoping I could find a river.

There was a river near my pack. If I found one and followed it, I could be home. I slowed down and tried looking for a river. I closed my eyes and connected to the earth.

I concentrated and looked for any trace of water. I listened to the wind and heard water. I ran towards the sound and found the river.

Wait. Why didnt I just listen for the pack's noises. This is Blake being dumb.  I listened for one of the members voices. I closed my eyes and kept quiet. "We have to find Blake?" I heard Celeste voice.

I immediately took off. I didnt know if I was going the right way. I listened and I heard more voices. I finally recognized the area and I ran into my territory. I was about to run out when I spotted two rogues. They were sneaking up on ERIC!

I stayed quiet. I waited for them to make a move. Eric was about to walk away and the rogues jumped. I jumped at the same time and tackled them to the ground.

"Blake!" Eric yelled. Everyone shifted and stood next to me. We all growled at the rogues and then they ran away. I turned to Eric. He was in his wolf form. He walked towards me and licked my fur.

We all shifted back and again, like always, I had a blanket over me. Eric pulled me into a hug. "Im so glad your safe. How did you escape though?" He asked.

"Well, the queen took me, not the vampires." I said. Eric looked shocked. "Where is my mom?" I asked. My mom walked out of the house and I ran to her. I gave her a tight hug.

"Im so glad you safe." I said.

"Blake, Im so glad your back." She said. We went in and I went straight to my room to put on a pair of shorts and a top. I took Eric's hoodie and went down stairs.

"Are you hungry Blake? Should I make your favourite meal?" My mom asked and rushed to the kitchen. Everyone looked at me and I started to get annoyed. I followed her to the kitchen and closed the door.

My mom looked at me then went back to cooking. "Mom." I started.

"Eric told me where you were. Im suprised you found your way back so fast." She said and avoided looking at me. I walked up to her and took her hand.

"Mom. I need to know. Was dad part of the royal family? What really happened to him?" I asked in a calm voice. She looked at me and tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Yes. The queen. Rosaline, she is your aunt." My mom said. I wanted to walk away but I needed to know more. "Your dad wanted a peaceful life so we moved. Only the royal families first borns can be the cursed wolf. He just wanted to protect you." My mom continued.

I took a deep breath to keep myself calm. "What happened to dad?" I asked. She looked at me and wiped her eyes.

"I dont know. We were attacked when you were nine years old and your dad disappeared. The only thing I found was your dads clothes and blood." My mom said.

"So he could be alive." I said. My mom looked and me and shook a no.

"Blake. His blood was everywhere in the living room. There is no way he is alive." My mom said.

I sighed and hugged my mom. "Just promise me you wont keep secrets and you wont put spells on me ever again." I said. She nodded a yes and I gave her another hug.

"I am hungry. Can I help you make the food?" I asked.

"Yes." She said and we made lunch.

When we went back to everyone my mom told them everything. They were all surprised and Mr Daniels looked a bit scared. I knew he thought about that time he tried to hurt me and I reassured him that it was fine.

The rest of the day we talked. Eric and I went to our room and I crashed down on the bed. "So. My beautiful human mate turns out to be a cursed werewolf princess. Arent I lucky." Eric said and layed next to me.

"I just want to sleep for the rest of my life." I said. Eric chuckled and got up. He played some music and pulled me out of bed.

"May I have this dance?" He asked and bowed. I giggled.

"Yes you may." I said and we started to dance.

It was fun and I loved our alone time. "You know what would make everything better?" Eric asked.

"A goodnight kiss." I said and Eric kissed me.

He broke the kiss and reached into his pocket. "Blake." He called for my full attention. "You are the most loving, caring, smartest and mysterious girl ever." He said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I know we have our entire lives to be together but I want to make it official." He went down on one knee and I smiled. I could feel the tears swell up in my eyes. Eric had his quirky smile and pulled out a small box.

"Blake. The love of my cursed life." He opened the box to reveal a ruby ring. "Will you marry me?"