Chapter 30: Fetch

Soap woke up in the cabin. In a bed. Wearing...clothes.

He groaned. Something had clearly gone wrong. His full moon nights were always fuzzier in his brain. Like a dream that you just couldn't quite recall. He yawned and stretched, feeling a couple bones pop back into place from where they had dislodged during the change. He slid out of bed and looked down at himself.

He was clean. And he was dressed in a sweatshirt and sweatpants. He sniffed the collar and felt himself warm at Ghost's scent. He rubbed his nose into it further and quickly stopped when he felt himself beginning to pant. A further inspection revealed he was wearing a pair of slightly too large boxer briefs, definitely not his.

Ghost must have dressed him.

He blushed farther in embarrassment. And startled at the sound of thumping behind him. He turned around and glared at the sight behind him. His tail, emerging from the waistband of the sweats. It betrayed his true feelings about his sexy vampire lieutenant dressing him in his clothing. It smacked against the side of the mattress, his hips moving slightly with the motion. He grabbed ahold of the wretched thing to get it to stop.

He had hoped this wouldn't happen. The full moon occasionally made parts of his body change during the day, and they were extremely difficult to retract. Particularly the tail.

He carefully stuffed it down the back of one pant leg. It was uncomfortable, but better than having it flapping about all day.

He shook his head and made his way down the hall. Through the window he could see that the sun was shining, it looked warm, but he knew that to be deceiving. It was November after all. But try telling that to his inner wolf that wanted nothing more than to go outside and run around.

In the living room, looking like three disappointed parents, were his team.

"Morning, Sergeant." Price greeted from the couch, sipping on a mug of coffee.

"What did I do exactly?" Soap cut right to the chase.

"Oh nothing much." Price told him sarcastically, "Just tore your chain from the wall and ripped the door off the barn."

Soap cringed, "M'sorry, Captain. I tried to behave, really I did."

Price shook his head, "It's fine, son. Not your fault really. Gaz and Simon already fixed up the barn as best they could."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Ghost asked suddenly, leaning forward.

Soap blushed, "W-well, I mean, it's just a little embarrassing is all, sir. I assume you saw me?"

Ghost nodded, "That I did."

He grimaced at the confirmation, "Then you know. I'm fuckin' weird! At least when I shift normally it's still me in full control. That wolf is unhinged. I'm a backseat driver in my own body! Not to mention how I look."

"What's wrong with the way you look, Johnny?"

Soap shook his head, "The point is, Simon, it's embarrassing. I didn't really want you havin' to see it. And it's not like we were hidin' it from you!"

Gaz laughed, "It's true, Ghost. Your first thought when your werewolf sergeant starts acting funny wasn't to check what phase the moon was in?"
Ghost let out an exasperated puff of hair, "Yeah, yeah, Garrick. I get it. It was stupid."

"You should have seen the lieutenant, Soap. He was all stressed and worried and..." He trailed off at the look both Ghost and Price were shooting him, "I'm gonna go get some sun."

He hopped off the couch and scurried out the door. Price chuckled and shook his head before standing up to follow. When the door closed, it was just he and Simon.