Chapter 92: Comfortable

Arriving back at Price's place felt like the biggest sigh of relief imaginable. Nik had met them all outside, earning many scoldings from Price who insisted he ought to still be laid up with his ribs. Upon trying to brush him off, Price scooped him up with a groan.

"Ah! Careful, John! I'm heavy!" Nik told him.

Price grunted slightly, "I'm stronger than I look, Sweetheart."

König did the honors of bringing in bags and equipment, although this time, he had Horangi by his side. The smaller man was determined to pull three times his own weight. Whether that was to show off to König or not, no one could say for sure.

"Oh, thank you. But I can handle the bags, kleiner tiger." König told him as the man pulled so many sets of straps from bags over his arms.

"I am perfectly capable of assisting, König." He grunted out, beginning to walk toward the house.

König followed close behind, and may or may not have slipped a tentacle into the back loop of Horangi's pants to take some of the weight off him. König thought it was quite cute the way he was so determined. He was probably the only one who didn't realize that Horangi had done it for him.

When everything was back in their rooms, the team had lunch in the kitchen. Which was a little strange after everything that had happened on their mission. It almost felt like none of it had been real, although they had the fresh scars and healing wounds to prove that it definitely had. Soap's new found clinginess was on full display, as he didn't sit on his own stool, but rather opted for Ghost's lap. The vampire seemed more than okay with this if the way his arm wrapped snugly around the werewolf's waist was any indication.

Price was already making a list of things that he needed to get done. He wanted to examine Gaz's throat and lungs to make sure he hadn't earned himself any internal burns that he just couldn't feel. He needed to make the potions to properly seal the leaves to Roach's wing. And finally he needed to scout for a few locations on the property.

The main project that was pertinent was the cemetery. He wanted to give any perished monsters they discovered a final and peaceful resting place. Graves would be its first inhabitant. Then he planned to send for all of the bodies that had been left behind in the abandoned labs. They had spent long enough in those basement cells. Price's property was a home for wayward monsters, and he wanted to expand it to include in death as well.

He examined the map of the whole property and marked a few places for other projects he had working in his brain. When he decided on a location for the cemetery, he brought Gaz along to help him. The location was covered in plants that Gaz very politely asked to move so that they had a nice new clearing. He also used his abilities to redirect all of the root systems below the ground so that they could easily dig without hurting any of Kyle's many friends.

The two men marked out the spacing for rows of graves, and began digging one for Phillip. They would need to begin carving headstones, but Price had made plenty of the decorative statues on the property with the aid of magic, so he took that job upon himself.

"What do you think, Kyle? Think they'll be comfortable here?"

Gaz looked at his Captain with fondness. Obviously the deceased monsters wouldn't be worried about comfort, but of course Price was thinking about that. Their spirits would definitely be appeased simply by being removed from their current careless tombs. Anywhere else would be a vast improvement in comparison.

Instead of saying any of that, Gaz just smiled, "Yessir. I think they'll be quite comfortable here."