Chapter 67: Have Your Fun

With Soap and Gaz doing much better physically, the team felt comfortable enough to start working on their next project.

Making Makarov pay.

They left Rudy, Soap, Gaz, and Roach at the estate. They figured the four of them should sit this one out. Meanwhile Ghost, Alejandro, König, and Price all ventured off the property and into the cold toward the military base. This would be a multiple day affair, but they all were eager to blow off some pent up aggression, and what better way than to make Makarov suffer a bit.

They took the time on the drive to converse a bit. Across them all, they knew the least about König. Out of the three of them, Alejandro was closest to him at this point by proxy through Rudy.

"So, Pulpo, how did a kraken end up in a lake in Austria?" He asked from beside him.

"Oh. Well, I was born in a stream in Austria." He explained.

"A stream? That's no place for such a mighty creature to come into this world." Alejandro frowned.

König blushed under his hood, "It was fine. I hatched okay. I was the only one of my clutch that survived, which is quite common. My mother must have been there visiting for some reason when her time came. She held onto her life long enough to travel with me to the ocean. After the journey she was quite weak and didn't last long after that."

"Sorry to hear that, Son." Price said from the front seat.

"Oh, no! It's fine! It is another thing that is quite common." He waved off his concern with a stray tentacle, "All that to say, I returned inland when I was older. The hustle and bustle of the ocean was quite stressful for me. I prefer the quiet, so I registered with the military and found a lake for myself."

Ghost hummed. He definitely understood that. Outside of his current circle he wasn't into socializing.

"Do you ever miss it?" Alejandro asked.

"Hm?"

"The ocean. I know Rudy does. We go on occasion for visits, but we can't always get away. But Austria is landlocked so I was just curious, hermano."

"Um, yes. I suppose there are things I miss. And the lake could get a bit claustrophobic, but I didn't mind too much. I was more concerned with the noise. It's so much quieter than the sea."

Ghost leaned forward a bit to look around Alejandro at him, "Is the sea...loud?"

König nodded his head emphatically, "Very. I think it is something to do with my species. I can hear vibrations from all directions and it's just so noisy. Not so bad in the lake though."

Price had his eyebrows raised in interest from the front seat. Where he had once been disinterested in the world of monsters, since finding Gaz and dedicating his life to the work like his family, he had grown to love the study. When it came to oceanic species there was always far less information. Much like the rest of the ocean outside of the realm of monsters, there wasn't much information. Getting to know Rudy and König had taught him a lot already. He was eager to get back and write down some of the information on krakens that König had just revealed.

But that would have to wait until they had their fill of Makarov for the day.

When they arrived on base, König led them to a sublevel for holding. He stopped at a particular door and stepped aside.

"This is the one."

"Good." Price commented, rolling up his sleeves, "What was his condition when you brought him in?"

"I followed your orders, Captain." König assured him, "I was not gentle."

"Good man." He gave him a smile, "Alright, let's give him his first of many lessons."