Chapter 80: Right With The World

Gaz woke feeling really good again.

Maybe a little sore, but other than that, he was feeling well rested and satisfied. He was enveloped by the smell of plants and trees and when he softly blinked open his eyes he found himself in the lightening tree house. He also realized that Roach was still curled around him, holding him against his chest and wrapping him in his soft wings, although something was keeping him from fully pressing against his back.

Roach must have already been awake because he chirped a little greeting stroking at his hair and his...

Something else?

Gaz angled his head back and felt his eyes widen slightly. Roach noticed and smiled, "Grew nicely last night."

Gaz had sprouted his wings. They weren't nearly as big as Roach's, but they were green and a little leathery looking. A hand sliding down his back between them told him that he had grown his tail also. It twitched upward at the contact. Roach's hand continued to slide downward and gently prodded at his hole making him groan.

"Getting the eggs out, Beauty." He pressed a kiss to his shoulder and applied pressure to his abdomen with one of his hands, "Push for me."

Gaz did as he was told and whimpered as Roach's fingers deftly worked to hook around them and help them ease out. Another spare hand wrapped around his cock and began to stroke, making him shudder and helping more of the eggs along. By the time Gaz was panting and whining into his orgasm he was pushing out the last few and spilling into Roach's hand. Gary made a pleased chitter and swiped up as much spend as possible to lick of his hand.

"Good job. Such a strong mate."

Gaz caught his breath before slowly beginning to sit up with Roach's help. He glance back at the wet spot beneath him that contained a pile of firm, round, red eggs.

"How many...?" Gaz trailed off.

"Lots of eggs. Only about one to three end up getting fertilized at a time. So much less in a clutch of spawn than it looks." Roach encouraged, looking at the pile himself. He would have to get up and put them in the composter. He looked up from them, now fully looking at Gaz's face for the first time. He startled slightly with a semi-shocked noise.

"What?" Gaz asked, "What's wrong?"

Roach leaned closer before softly smiling and bringing a finger up to boop his nose. "New nose."

Gaz crossed his eyes and looked down realizing he was right. The bridge certainly looked different. It stuck out much less than he was used to. He needed a mirror.

Roach helped him off the bed and he found that his balance was a little weird with the new wings and tail. His shirt from last night certainly wouldn't fit. Roach had destroyed his own shirt so it seemed they would be making a walk of shame back to the mansion topless. They had pants at least.

Roach hovered on Gaz's journey to the bathroom even though he really didn't need it. It was sweet how much he cared, though. The bathroom mirror revealed that his antlers had grown a bit, a very cat-like nose, and that his pupils had changed the rest of the way. Price was getting his wish of him and Precious matching it seemed. His tail and wings were just like hers. It would be good when he figured out how to change back and forth. He wouldn't be going on any undercover missions like this anytime soon.

They hadn't set up hot water yet, so the water was cool. But the ever present spring weather on the property made it quite pleasant and it felt good to wash off all of the grime from the previous night's activities.

When he was done, Roach was waiting for him on the deck, looking at their little cocoon.

"All good?" He asked with his actual voice.

"All good." Gaz confirmed.

"Didn't make you uncomfortable, did I?"

Gaz chuckled, "No, not at all. Whatever all of that was I was definitely into. I like being your mate." He stepped closer and kissed Roach's temple, feeling himself purr, "Maybe one day you could actually fertilize the eggs."

Roach looked up, "You would carry?"

Gaz nodded, "With you."

They made the walk back to the house and ran into Soap in the hallway. The werewolf followed Gaz back to his room.

"You grew! And you smell like a moth." He said accusingly and pointed.

Gaz found that he could smell Soap now too with the new nose, it twitched, "You smell like a dog."

Soap made a mock offended noise, "Simon says I smell great!"

"Well I think Gary smells great." He told him dogmatically.

"Never said he smelled bad." Soap snorted, giving him a gentle shove before grabbing one of his wings and extending it. "Think you'll catch some air with these?"

Gaz shrugged, cutting up an old t-shirt, removing the back so he could wear it, "Not sure. Already told Roach I wasn't excited about the prospect after all of my tumbles out of helicopters."

"I don't envy you, mate." Soap told him, "Heights give me the willies after Chicago and Hassan."

"Acrophobia bros?" Gaz asked, holding up a fist.

"Acrophobia bros." Soap confirmed, accepting the fist bump.

Price returned with König and the newcomer around dinnertime. Soap was excited as ever to meet their new friend, and Horangi was definitely confused about his vibe. He stuck by Königs side and eyed the excitable werewolf warily. Farah was much more his speed and he ended up striking up conversation with her much to Johnny's dismay.

"Guess Precious really is just weird." He commented to Ghost, "Cats still don't like me."

"Gaz likes you."

Gaz rolled his eyes over his food. Price was sitting on a stool beside him, giving him another thorough examination, taking lots of notes. He had Precious on the counter and was comparing their features. A closer examination of his new appendage revealed them all to be made of plant matter, but they had modeled their forms after the little cat dragon.

"And you can smell more with that nose?" Price was asking.

"Yessir. It's sort of strange." Gaz told him.

"I'm sure." He nodded, "I can't imagine having one of my senses suddenly increase intensity."

Gaz murmured his agreement, "You all smell like something. But... it's like I already knew your smells? Like I've been around you already, so I'm used to it without realizing."

Price was scribbling that down in his notes, and Gaz felt warm with is family all there with him. It was probably good he had spent the night with Roach last night because he might have had Captain Price separation anxiety after his time with Makarov.

But now everything felt right. Roach on one side of him, Price on the other, and the kitchen full of the team, old and new. It was one of the few times in his life that everything had felt right with the world.