Chapter 88: Waking a Vampire

Price backed himself away from the edge of the cliff and turned back to check on Soap and Ghost. He turned just in time to see Soap bringing a knife to his arm.

"Woah, woah, stop!" Price barrelled down toward him only to find Soap shoving his bloody cut up against Ghost's mouth.

"What are you doing, Son?" Price asked incredulously.

"Needs to eat." He murmured, manipulating Simon's jaw and pushed against it so that his sharp teeth sunk into his flesh. Soap didn't even flinch.

Price grabbed onto his shoulder, "Easy now, Soap. We're going to help him but we need to stay focused. You're already losing blood, we don't need you to spill anymore."

Soap made a little whine and wiggled his arm against Simon's teeth, trying to encourage the vampire to pull from him.

"Pup, I don't know if that's how it works-."

Price was cut off by Soap letting out a surprised yelp. Ghost's jaw suddenly clamped down harshly on his flesh and his eyes fluttered where they were closed. Then the vampire was sucking harshly, taking in large gulps of Soap's blood. Price's hand flew to his neck to feel for his pulse. Ghost's pulse was growing stronger with every draw from Soap's arm. Price could feel his temperature steadily increasing.

Soap wasn't looking so hot, though. He was starting to look a little pale and it looked like he was fighting to keep his head up. Price could see that he was panting. He started to shake Ghost's shoulder.

"Alright, Ghost. It's time to get off."

Ghost just kept going. Soap started to gently pull back on his arm, but the teeth held on tight.

"Ghost! That's enough." Price shook him harder.

Soap was starting to whimper slightly.

Price gripped Ghost's jaw to try and pry him off, only succeeding in getting him to clamp down harder. Soap started to cry out like a kicked puppy and Price started to panic.

"Enough! Let go! Simon!"

Ghost's eyes suddenly flew open and he looked down at what he was doing, quickly releasing his hold. Soap made another weak sound before collapsing forward into Ghost.

"Johnny?" His hands hovered as if he was afraid to touch, "What... what did I do?"

Price watched him fumble with Soap's arm, getting a look at the rough bite wound that he had left. Price felt Soap's pulse, still steady.

"You with us, Soap?" He asked.

Soap made a soft groan, making a weak attempt at burrowing closer to Ghost. Price sat back with a sigh, patting Ghost on the back.

"He'll be alright, Simon." Price assured, "You alright?"

Ghost slowly lowered his hands to stroke over Soap's mohawk.

"Simon?"

"Hm?" He looked up from Soap.

"I asked if you were alright. How do you feel, Son?"

"Mm." Ghost hummed, "Feel like I was thrown out of a plane."

"Sounds about right."