Chapter 98: A Griffin's Heart

The walk back to their rooms felt like an eternity. A rather pleasant eternity with the taste of each other wholly enveloping them, but an eternity none the less. With the fierce ever growing desire continuing to build, now exponentially as they finally allowed themselves the privilege to taste and touch and feel.

Horangi couldn't help the little noises and warbly purrs that were escaping him now. Not with the way his König's gentle nature was quickly evaporating. He had seen small glimpses of the kraken's true and fierce nature, but he had never gotten a chance to experience the wholeness of it first hand. However, he could feel the carefully crafted composure slipping from the man by the second.

His grip on Horangi grew firmer, his grip more desperate, the movement of his tentacles as they licked and slithered up his shirt in search of any bare flesh became borderline frantic. The noises, deep and growling and monstrous, that bubbled forth from him were frightening in some ways, but oh so satisfying all the same.

Horangi's mind helpfully supplied him with the word feral.

The thought made him keen slightly into König's mouth, vibrating a few of the writhing tentacles there. A strange sensation, but certainly not an unwelcome one.

König kicked open a bedroom door and sparing a glance Horangi found it to be the kraken's. It pleased some part of him to have been welcomed and brought into the other man's den. The fierceness suddenly slowed and he was being lowered gently and carefully onto the bed, as if he was fragile. A sentiment that would have normally been and irritant for Horangi, he hated to be looked down upon, but not now. Not with the tenderness and almost caution in König's eyes beneath the hood. The desperation still there.

"You kissed me." He said simply, as if they hadn't both been making out and grinding into each other on the walk over.

"Mistletoe." Horangi shrugged, matching the casual energy, still buzzing with desire, but not letting it show.

"Was that all?" König asked, slightly sheepish now.

Horangi's tail lashed about behind him, revealing his true tension outside his hard fought composure. After a moment of working himself up to it, he replied, "No."

König's eyes brightened and he reached a hand out to Horangi's arm and started gently rubbing it, "Then... you want this? Me?"

Horangi's nose gave a little twitch, "I do."

More of the hunger returned to the kraken's gaze, but he pressed onward. He was clearly nervous, but wanted to make everything as clear as possible.

"In what capacity?" König asked, "Because I want you either way." He added hastily, "Whether it's just this once or occasionally or... more."

Horangi swallowed, grabbing König's wrist and bringing his large hand to his chest, "A griffin's heart is, admittedly, stubborn. It has decided it wants you as its mate. I don't fully understand how or why, but it beats for you."

König rumbled a strange bubbly sound in his chest and pressed his hand in a little firmer to feel the beating that seemed to speed up simply by his touch alone.

"And..." König continued after a moment, "you are okay with, um, all of this?"

He held up a few snaking tentacles and they seemed to twitch and writhe eagerly. Horangi felt himself blush.

"More than." He admitted.

He audibly heard the taller man swallow, likely blushing himself beneath the hood. He began to press forward again, clearly thinking the matter was settled, but Horangi held up a hand.