Chapter 60: Little Friend

Soap didn't get a chance to explore the maze-like mansion because Price led them all to their rooms first and foremost, and Ghost was ushering him inside to get him to go to bed.

"Oh come on, Si." He whined, "I'm not actually a puppy. I'm a big boy."

Simon hummed and started digging through his backpack on the floor, noncommittally.

"I'm serious, LT!" Soap huffed, crossing his arms as he sat down on the edge of the large bed. He noted that Price had given them just the one. It was a canopy bed, because apparently everything in Price's personal life screamed rich. The comforter was temptingly cool beneath his hands, but rolling around on it would be entirely detrimental to his argument!

Ghost retrieved something and sat down next to him on the bed, keeping it concealed from his view, "You're right, Johnny. I brought this for you, but, I mean, clearly you won't want it."

He held up Soap's firetruck blanket from the lab, and Johnny physically felt his pupils dilate. He lunged forward and snatched it from his lieutenant, quickly burying his face in it. It had been cleaned since he had seen it last, but it still smelled familiar and sweet. That part of his mother lived on.

He didn't resist the urge then to flop backwards and start rolling around on top of the comforter, keeping the blanket pressed to his face. He heard Ghost chuckled, so he momentarily paused and peeked out from under the blanket, fixing his lieutenant with a glare.

"This changes nothing."

Ghost snorted but nodded nonetheless, "Of course not. I'll have to just stop calling you Puppy then."

Soap shot up at that, clambering over on his knees to grab Ghost's shoulder, "Well, don't do that!"

"What?" Ghost teased.

"Don't... well, just..." He huffed, "Are ya really gonna make me say it?"

"Oh absolutely."

Soap groaned before sitting back on his haunches, "Fine. Please keep calling me Puppy."

"Why?" Ghost asked with mock ignorance, "Everyone else calls you that. Would it really make a difference if I stopped."

Soap grimaced, "S'not the same and you know it."

"I have no idea what you mean, Johnny. You'll have to explain it to me." When Soap avoided his eyes for a moment, Ghost leaned in closer to his face, "Go on, Sergeant. Use your words."

Soap cursed the blush that spread over his cheeks. It took him a second to work himself up to getting the words out, especially with a sexy vampire so close to his face.

"It's different 'cause I'm your puppy, Sir."

"That's my boy." Ghost purred before pushing forward to wrap Soap in his arms. He rolled them over so that their heads were against the pillows and used one of the shadows to flick the light switch off.

"Oi! You just did that so I'd go to bed, didn't ya?" Soap asked indignantly.

Ghost reached a hand up to tug off his mask and toss it aside. He smiled into the crook of Soap's neck, "Don't know what you mean, Puppy. But the master is ready for bed, and you happen to be here, so I suppose that's what we're doing."

Soap's brain was too busy reeling over Ghost calling himself that to come up with a clever response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soap woke up to an empty bed. He could see light coming out of the crack of the adjoining bathroom door, and could hear the shower running. It filled him with an intense desire. Not for the sexy man in the shower, although that was always true. But instead, for the shower itself. He hadn't been properly bathed since before they had been taken. They had wiped him down in the hospital, and rinsed his hair, but it wasn't enough. Soap was sort of particular with his bathing habits. He was, shockingly, grossed out easily. But the things he was okay with and weren't okay with were, admittedly, confusing and convoluted. Either way, he needed a shower or a bath.