Chapter 96: Speculation

"C'mon, LT! Give us a guess!" Soap said excitedly as he worked to mix more clay for the bricks.

"No point in guessing, Johnny." Ghost said plainly, examining the blueprints the Captain had given them, "If he wants it to be a surprise, not even I am gonna be able to figure it out. You know how that man is."

"Yer no fun, Simon." He pouted slightly.

All of the team members had been hard at work on Price's next project. The man had something up his sleeve, and he had been working over the phone with Laswell to get everything in order. He had assigned the usual pairs to be on a daily rotation, working on some sort of large building. He had given them the plans, but was carefully keeping the purpose of the large structure underwraps. He always had an excited gleam in his eyes about it though.

"He's basically got us building another mansion!" Soap continued, "Didn't think a guy needed more than one on a property, regardless of how massive that property may be."

Ghost rolled his eyes slightly. Although, to be fair, he was having similar thoughts. Ghost wasn't one to speculate, but he couldn't help but wonder. They were making good progress and time on it. It turned out, getting a group of people with superhuman monster abilities together to construct a large building, was an extremely effective strategy. Not to mention, the structure was already reflective of all of the people that had been working on it.

Mostly Gaz in all honesty.

On he and Roach's construction days, he would intricately tie all of the sections together with vines and plants and blossoms. Price's plans that he had drawn up were ambitious, but they already seemed to be paying off. The place was going to be beautiful.

Whatever it was, that is.

Soap, clearly noticed that Ghost wasn't going to voice a single one of his thoughts on the matter, changed the subject.

"When d'ya think König and Horangi are gonna..."

He trailed off so Ghost looked up and raised an eyebrow behind his mask, "Gonna... what exactly?"

"Y'know!" Soap smiled.

"Can't say I do."

Soap looked at him with a smirk on his face and wiggled his eyebrows, "Y'know."

Ghost couldn't suppress the amused snort he let out, "We shouldn't discuss it, Sergeant. That's none of our business."

Soap flopped forward and groaned, letting himself drop face first into a patch of grass. He groaned into the dirt and Ghost shook his head fondly.

"C'mon Simon! We can't talk about them! We can't talk about the building that we're actively working on! What can we talk about?" Soap mumbled into the ground.

Ghost approached him and reached down to hoist him back up, placing a firm hand on the back of his neck, effectively scruffing him.

"You're lucky you're so cute." Ghost told him.

Soap blushed and smiled, "You're the lucky one, Sir. You get to look at me all day."

Simon ran a thumb across his bottom lip, already feeling himself relenting to the werewolf's charm.

He sighed, giving in, "Probably not long now."
Soap brighted in victory, "I knew it! I'm amazed those two aren't already all over each other!"

"I agree." Ghost chuckled.

"You think that's what we were like?"

Ghost tilted his head, "What do you mean?"

"Before we really went for it, I mean." Soap clarified.

Ghost considered it. In hindsight, everyone seemed borderline exasperated that they had waited so long to really move forward seriously in their relationship. Soap had been too nervous to make a move on his superior, and Ghost had simply been too stubborn to let himself be open with another person. Thought he was unlovable, never thought Johnny would be interested in him until it was so painfully obvious that the werewolf was that there was no room for argument about it.

Based on the way König and Horangi spent nearly every waking moment with each other, while also simultaneously dancing around each other, it would seem that they were rather similar on that front.

Ghost found himself nodding, "Yeah. Yeah I think that's what we were like."

Soap giggled, not unlike a school girl, "Well, aren't we just a right pair of daft bastards."

Ghost hummed, reaching a hand up to roll up his mask while Soap laughed.

"They should hurry up and get to it." Ghost observed.

"Aye, LT?" Soap tilted his cute fucking head curiously.

"Aye, Johnny." Ghost practically purred, leaning forward slightly, "If I could go back, the only thing I would change, is getting a hold of you sooner."

Soap face flushed bright red and Ghost took only a moment to appreciate it before he pulled him against his mouth.