Chapter Twelve: House Party

Janie stepped out of Jessie's house to see Carol, Carl and Rick carrying Judith, walking to Deanna's house.
"Woah." Carl said when he noticed her transformation,
"You look great." Carol said with a large smile on her face. Janie ignored them and turned to Rick.
"Have you seen Daryl?" She asked and he shook his head.

They stepped into the house to see it full of people chatting and drinking, there were plates of finger food lay out on the table and quiet classical piano music playing.
"Oh my!" Deanna exclaimed as she noticed them and started to approach them, glass of wine in hand. "Welcome."
As Rick and Carol chatted to Deanna, Janie grabbed Carl's hand and pulled him away. As she dragged him across the room she quickly grabbed a bottle of whiskey from the table and held it close to her so no one noticed, once they had made it to a quiet corner of the room she held it up to him.
"Have you ever tried it?" She asked him and he shook his head.
"I tried wine once a few years ago but it was gross." He replied.
"This isn't wine." She screwed off the lid and poured some whiskey into it, letting a bit overflow and drip onto the white carpet below them, she held it out to him.
"No thanks." He said.
"Suit yourself." She replied before drinking and keeping the smile on her face.
The pair looked up to see Jessie, her husband Pete, Ron and his younger brother Sam enter the house. As soon as Ron noticed them he ran straight over.
"Janie!" He exclaimed. "You look great."
"Shut up." She glared at him as he high fived Carl. She looked across the room and out of the window to see Daryl walking down the street, she furrowed her brow wondering where he had been and where he was going now before leaving the boys without a word.

"Daryl." She called as she caught up to him, he turned around and nodded at her before stopping to let her catch up, when she did he gave her a hug.
"How's the party?" He asked her,
"Not too bad." She replied, knowing he wouldn't find any description of it interesting. A door nearby opened and they both turned to see Aaron stood on his doorstep.
"Hey." He said cheerfully and they both nodded. "You two wanna come in? I've just made spaghetti."
Janie looked up at her uncle letting him know that it was up to him.

Janie sat down at Aaron's dining table and looked up at the man sat opposite her, he had short blonde hair and a kind face that was smiling at her.
"This is my husband Eric." Aaron said as he placed a plate of spaghetti bolognaise in front of her, she smiled back before looking down at her food. "Can she have some wine?" He asked Daryl who was aggressively slurping up noodles, he just shrugged so Aaron poured her a small glass.
At the end of the meal, Aaron took the pair to his garage which sat at the side of the house, inside sat a motorbike covered in a green sheet and tables full of bike parts.
"Whoever lived here before built them." He said as Daryl inspected each part.
"It's alot of parts for one bike." Janie said making Aaron laugh.
"Whenever I came across any parts out there, I brought them back." He said. "I always thought I'd learn how to put them together but I figured Daryl would want to instead."

- Princexiero xx