Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sea Breeze

The next day, Tara told everyone she had found another settlement called Oceanside and they had guns, alot of them and they had been attacked by the Saviours before, hopefully that meant they were willing to join.

"Why didn't you tell me about how you were feeling about Glenn?" Janie shouted over the engine of the moterbike and the wind whistling in her ears. "I would've listened." Daryl didn't answer for a moment, keeping his eyes on the road. "Daryl?"
"I didn't want you to realise it was my fault." He finally replied. "I didn't want you to hate me. You're all I've got left." Janie glared at him and shook her head.
"Nah." She yelled. "We don't do that shit. You always tell me when something's wrong." Daryl gave her a firm nod.
"Yes ma'am."

Janie climbed off of the back of Daryls bike and looked around at the forest, in the distance she could hear the sound of waves crashing onto rocks and the smell of salt filled her nose.
"You ready?" Daryl asked her and she nodded.
Tara went in first, she already knew the layout and some of the people, they were hoping she could talk them into joining the fight with no convincing needed.

Janie looked at her watch, 10 minutes. If Oceanside didn't agree in 10 minutes then they would attack.
5 minutes.
3 minutes.
1 minute.
BOOM!
A blast of orange light shone over the settlement and black smoke rose into the air. That was it, it was too late.
There was an echo of screams as the residents of Oceanside exited their settlement. By now Daryl, Jesus, Aaron and Eric should be outside the armoury.

"This is us." Janie said to Carl and Enid as the large group of Oceansiders came sprinting round the corner. "Everybody get down!" She yelled, pointing her gun at them as they all got to their knees and put their hands behind their heads.
"We don't want anyone to get hurt." Carl said calmly. "Just stay down and listen to what we say."
"We want to do this as quickly as possible before any walkers find us." Rick said as he appeared from behind the trees. "This is about what you have, what we need."
"Nobody's taking anything." An older woman spoke, she was walking towards them holding Tara by her wrists, her other hand was holding a gun to Tara's head. "You need to let everyone go and leave right now or this one dies."
"We'll leave you alone." Rick nodded. "But we're taking your weapons with us."
"Michonne!" Tara yelled looking high up into a tree nearby where Michonne was sat with a sniper rifle. "Don't!"
Janie looked around to see a heard of walkers making their way towards them.
"Shit." She whispered to herself. "Walkers!"
"Everybody up!" Rick yelled. "Get the children behind us!"
Janie quickly ran infront of the Oceansiders, along with everyone else to protect them, and started shooting. She watched as a young child ran out of the group, knife held above her head, and stabbed a walker in the skull.
"Nice." Janie said as the kid yelled out a battle cry before killing another. She looked at the walker dead on the ground, it was like nothing she'd ever seen before. It's grey skin was catching the light like latex and hanging loosely on its skeleton, on the side of its face grew barnacles and slimey seaweed was wrapped around all four of it limbs.

It wasn't long before the gunfire stopped and all the walkers were dead.
The older woman sighed.
"We're not fighting with you." She said. "Just take your damn guns and go."

That night they returned to Alexandria to see the gate already open and Rosita waiting by it. The vehicles all came to a stop and she walked over to Daryl and Janie on the motorbike.
"There's someone here." She spoke, her voice croaky and weak. Everyone followed her in and she led them into the cell that Morgan had built. The door creaked as she opened it to reveal Dwight sat on the floor. Daryl squinted his eyes at the man before leaping forwards only to be stopped by Rick.
"He says he wants to help us." Rosita shouted over his grunting.
"Do you know what he did to Daryl?" Janie yelled before spitting at Dwights feet.
"I want it stopped." Dwight whispered. "I want Negan dead."
"Kill him then." Janie sneered at him and he shook his head.
"It can't just be me."
"That girl you murdered..." Tara spoke and they all turned to her. "Her name was Denise and she was a doctor and she helped people."
Dwight look up into Tara's eyes for a moment before speaking.
"I wasn't aiming for her."
Daryl suddenly pushed Tara out of the way and grabbed Dwight by his neck before pulling him to his feet and pushing his against the concrete wall. Then he pulled his knife out and held it inches from the man's face panting as he did.
"Do it." Tara growled.
"Do it." Janie repeated sadisticly.
"You go ahead." Dwight whispered. "But I'm sorry, I am. You escaped because of my wife, she gave you that key."
"Do it!" Tara screamed.
"Negan trusts me." Dwight continued. "We can work together, we can stop him."
"Daryl!" Janie shouted and he suddenly lowered the knife.
"They have Sasha." Rosita said. "He can be our only chance at getting her back."
Janie lightly held Daryl by his shoulders and gently pulled him away from Dwight.
"Thank you." Dwight whispered and she smiled at him before raising her leg and ramming her knee into his crotch.
"ARGHHH!" He yelled before doubling down and clutching his testicles in pain.
"Help us then." She demanded.
"Negan's coming soon." He panted. "Tomorrow." He raised his finger as he got his breath back. "You guys take them out and I'll radio back to the Sanctuary and tell them everything's fine, then you drive the trucks, take out the rest and get your friend."

- Princexiero