Chapter Twenty-Two: Psychopath

The forest went silent, the only sounds were of people sobbing.
"What?" Negan asked. "Was the joke that bad?"
"I'm gonna kill you." Rick finally spoke in a croaky whisper as Negan crouched down in front of him.
"What?" He asked. "I didn't quite catch that."
"Not today..." Rick continued. "Not tomorrow but I'm gonna kill you."
Negan stared at him for a moment before standing up.
"I'll be right back." He said before grabbing the collar of Rick's jacket. "Maybe Rick will be with me." He dragged Rick towards the RV and they both got in and drove away.

Janie looked around her at the lineup of people and it all started to sink in. She finally felt tears running down her face, she could taste the salt in her mouth, she felt herself shivering as a cold breeze rustled the trees around her, she squinted as the sun began to rise and her eyelids felt heavy, they had been out for a whole day and night now without sleep. Slowly she crawled to Daryl, they stared at each other for a moment, watching tears fall from each others eyes, before she fell into his arms and he bundled her up and lifted her into his lap.

When the RV pulled up and Negan and Rick jumped out, Janie studied there faces, they looked exactly the same as they did when they left and she wondered what had happened out there.
"You're finally crying." Negan pointed at her. "I was starting to think you're a psychopath. I thought that was pretty cool."
Janie didn't say anything.
"Get some guns to the back of their heads." He said to his minions who immediately obliged. "Kid." He pointed at Carl before beckoning him over. "Right here." He pointed to the floor next to Rick. "You a lefty?" He asked Carl as he took his belt off.
"No." Carl replied before Negan grabbed his left arm and secured the belt tightly around it.
"Does that hurt?" He asked and Carl shook his head confidently. "It's supposed to." Negan pushed Carl to the ground before taking a pen from his pocket and drawing a line just underneath the belt.
"Please don't." Rick wimpered but Negan just looked at him and laughed.
"Me?" He asked. "I ain't doing shit. I want you to take your axe and cut your sons arm off right on that line or all these people are gonna die... including Carl... and all your people back home... and then you."
"You don't have to do this." Michonne begged. "We understand."
"I'm not sure that Rick does." Negan replied crouching down. "This needs to happen now."
"Negan." Janie panicked, she didn't know what to say next that could stop this from happening. He turned to face her and smiled, waiting for her to talk. "Make him cut my arm off instead."
"You see my little psychopath," Negan replied. "You're not his kid, are you?"
"No, but-"
"So it won't teach Rick a lesson, this is the only way." He turned back to Rick. "You really want to see all these people die? You will see every ugly thing."
"Please!" Rick screamed.
"3." Negan ignored him.
"No! Please!"
"2."
"AHHH!"
"1."
"Dad, just do it." Carl whispered as Rick reached for his axe, with one hand he held Carl's arm still as he raised the weapon above his head. Suddenly Negan took the axe and placed it on the floor.
"You answer to me." He said and Rick nodded. "You provide for me."
"I provide for you." Rick repeated.
"You belong to me."
"I belong to you."
"We did it." Negan smiled as he stood up and looked down at everyone. "It's over." He pointed to Daryl. "Dwight, load him up."
Dwight grabbed Daryls arms and dragged him back towards the van he came out of earlier.
"Wait!" Janie shouted. "No!"
But it was too late, the doors were closed.
"He's got guts." Negan said crouching next to her. "I like him. He's your dad?"
"My uncle." Janie replied as Negan stood up again to address everyone.
"I'll see you lot in a week."

Janie watched as the Saviours all left before looking back at the group. Maggie was squirming on the ground in discomfort.
"Maggie." Rick said reaching his arm out to her. "We need to get you to the Hilltop."
"I'll take her." Sasha said. "I'll keep her safe. Rick, you need to get everyone else home."

- Princexiero xx