Chapter Thirty-Five: Carl's Letter

The next morning Dwight appeared at the Hilltops gates and gave Rick a large map written on in Sharpie.

Tomorrow Afternoon -
NEGAN and Ten Men at the X.
other 11 person Teams at Each of the circles.
END NEGAN, END the Rest.
END THIS

Rick opened up the map to reveal places circled in red pen and one big red X.

The next day came and Janie quickly got ready for battle. She skipped out of the bedroom and towards the stairs where Daryl was waiting for her.
"Where do you think you're going?" He asked and Janie laughed at his stupidy.
"The fight ends today." She replied and he shook his head sternly.
"You ain't comin'." He said and she sulked. "You've been shot, Jane."
"Yeah but-"
"No!" He interrupted her.
Janie sighed and turned back around before going back to the bedroom. She opened the door to see Michonne quickly folding up a piece of paper and stuffing it into the drawer in front of her.
"Sorry." Janie said. "Wrong bedroom."
"It's fine." Michonne replied. "I was just-"
"Reading Carls letter?" Janie asked her and she nodded.

Once everyone had left, Janie pulled out her own letter and sat down on her bed. For a while she just stared at the front of it, the name Janie written in Carl's messy handwriting on the slightly dirty paper. Then, with shaky hands, she unfolded it.

Jane,
If you're reading this I'm dead and that's fine. I didn't want to die but that's what happens in a war and I want you to accept that. I don't want you to sit around and sulk because you know there's no point, it won't solve anything. I want you to keep on fighting for me, not necessarily in this war, I want this one to end, but throughout the rest of your life. I want you to continue beating people up for looking at you wrong, I want people to continue being scared of you because that's you and that's why you're my best friend. I want you to help raise Judith, I know you don't like kids but I want you to try because I think she can learn alot from you. Before my mum died she said I would beat this world and I didn't but I know that Judith will and I want you to help her. You're going to become a leader one day, I know you don't like that but you will and you'll make a brilliant one because you were made for this world. Soon you're going to have to do some things that you don't like and I'm sorry for that. For one, I want you to make Siddiq feel welcome, it wasn't his fault I died and you'll need his help one day, you all will. Another thing you're not going to like is something my dad's going to do, he's not going to want to do it either but he will and I need you to let him because it will help you in the long run.
I love you.

Carl.

Her tears had started to soak the paper and make the words bleed into each other so quickly she folded it back up and placed it next to her. Suddenly she heard the sound outside, the sound of the Hilltops gates creaking open. She jumped up and ran to the window to see cars pulling up and Daryl jumping off of his motorbike. She ran downstairs and, as she got to the bottom, the doors opened to reveal something wrong, very wrong. Rick and Siddiq were either side, holding onto the man's arms, the man was weak and blood was dripping from a slit in his neck. It was Negan.
"Why the fuck is he here!" She yelled but no one answered, no one of even looked at her. "Why isn't he dead?" She stepped towards them and stood right in front of Rick, stopping him from moving. "Rick!" She yelled but he still ignored her. "Rick!" She slammed her hands down on his chest and Daryl grabbed her arm and pulled her away. She kicked and screamed but it was no use.

Another thing you're not going to like is something my dad's going to do, he's not going to want to do it either but he will and I need you to let him because it will help you in the long run.

Finally she collapsed to the floor in exhaustion and sobbed.

- Princexiero xx