Chapter Fourty-Six: Fear

Alexandria was put on lockdown while they waited for their punishment. What would Alpha do to them because they stepped onto her land during the fire. That's when the first herd came. Everyone stood at the gate for two hours and stabbed the walkers through the gaps until all of them were dead. Then the second herd came and another two hours passed. The third and fourth herds were slightly smaller but the fifth was bigger than any of them, and that how people spent the next four hours. After twenty-four hours they thought it was done, they were safe, until Michonne got a call on her radio. There was another herd. Everyone was trained to fight large groups of walkers, even whole herds but not on no sleep, no energy and at each others throats because they don't know where else to place their anger.
After thirty-six hours one of Alpha's people arrived at the gates, a girl with long ginger hair.
"North border." She said. "Now."
"Call off your herd." Michonne replied but the girl shook her head.
"That's not us." She said and Daryl scoffed.
"Yeah, right."
"It's not."

The group arrived at the north border where ten pikes still stood, stuck in the ground, a reminder of the lives Alpha took before. Janie took the gun from her holster and lay it on the floor in front of her as the clicks and thuds beside her told her that everyone else was doing the same. It wasn't long before Alpha and her people arrived.
"We only had one rule." She said. "To stay in your area and you disobeyed."
"The fire would have burned your land." Daryl replied.
"Fire's nature to burn." She replied. "We have no conflict with nature."
"It could have wiped out one of our communities." Michonne spoke. "We were not gonna sit back and let that happen."
"I want more land." Alpha said simply. "The creak that winds into the valley, that is your new southern border."
"That cuts off our hunting grounds." Carol said. "We don't have to stand here and listen to this bullshit."
"You should fear me." Alpha told Carol who was staring into her eyes.
"I don't." She replied. "I look at you and I feel nothing at all."
Janie looked down to see a gun sticking out of the waistband of Carol's jeans.
"Is that right?" Alpha asked. "That blonde boy screamed your name just before we took his head.
"That's enough!" Janie said, grabbing Carol's arm. Carol pushed her away before reaching for her gun and pointing it at Alpha, she pulled the trigger and Michonne pushed her arm causing her to shoot at the floor. Alpha's army moved in closer.
"This is my land now." Alpha said as she pulled one of the pikes out of the ground. "You better run."
"Guys let's go." Janie said as everyone started to back away.

That evening Janie looked around the dinner table at Michonne, Judith and RJ who were giggling away at a joke that she had missed.
"Guys." She whispered to the children as she heard the stairs, just outside of the door, creak. "Three..." She whispered as a shadow appeared in the hallway. "Two... one..."
"DARYL!" Janie, Judith and RJ shouted in unison as the man entered the room. He smiled at them as he sat down at the table. Janie looked out of the window for a moment before standing up.
"Excuse me."

She ran outside and caught up with Lydia who was walking the streets alone.
"Hey." She said and Lydia smiled. "Wanna come have dinner?"
"Are you sure?" She asked and Janie nodded.
"Yeah, of course."
They walked towards the house and Janie grabbed Lydia's hand.
"You know, I've never had a little sister." She said and Lydia smiled. "I heard you've been talking to Negan-" Lydia suddenly dropped her hand and sighed. "Look, I get it-"
"No you don't!" Lydia said angrily.
"I heard Gage is bullying you," Janie spoke, "so you're hanging out with Negan because he's an outcast like you."
"You're not my sister!" Lydia yelled.
"He's not your friend." Janie replied calmly.
"Stop trying to help me!" Lydia said as she slowly started to back away. "I don't need your help!"

- Princexiero xx