Chapter Sixty-One: Living

"You alright, ass kicker?" Negan asked as he sat down on the train.
"Fine." Janie replied, she felt weird and numb. "You okay?"
"I'm living." He replied.
Janie stood up and walked over to Kelly and Connie who were signing to each other. She sat down and Kelly turned to kiss her.
"How'd I get so lucky?" Kelly asked as she stroked Janie's cheek. Her brow then furrowed and her voice dropped to a whisper. "You just killed someone for me."
"That's the type of thing I was worried would scare you off." Janie replied smiling slightly.
"I haven't heard from my mum in a while." Judith spoke from beside them. Janie turned to see her sat on Daryl's lap, her head leaned against his chest and his fingers brushing through her tangled, brown hair.
"She can take care of herself better than most." Janie told her and she nodded.
"She'd be real proud of you, you know." Daryl said. "Your dad too."
"And Carl." Janie added. "You and him are alot alike."
"When this is over," Daryl spoke as he wrapped his arms around the young girl and squeezed her tightly, "I'm gonna tell you every story I remember, about all the people that loved you."
Suddenly there was a crackle of static from the other end of the carriage. Everyone looked up to see Ezekiel putting his radio away.
"That was Mercer." He said. "He's going to get us back into the city and try to get Pamela removed. He also said that there's a herd approaching Commonwealth from the east."

Finally, the train came to halt and everyone got out. They walked for a bit until they came to an old train station. This is where Mercer told them to go.
Daryl pushed the door apprehensively and let it swing open, they were met with silence. Everyone stepped inside and the door shut behind them as a group of soldiers appeared on the balcony above, their guns risen.
"Take cover!" Ezekiel yelled and Janie dived underneath a staircase as the soldiers started shooting. She pulled her pistol from its holster and started to shoot back as all the windows shattered around her and the rest of the group.
Janie peeked around the corner to see most of the soldiers were dead. She watched as Pamela Milton stepped forward, grabbing a gun from a dead soldier. She pointed it at Maggie who was on the floor below and, just as she pulled the trigger, Judith dived in front of her.
"No!" Janie screamed as the bullet hit Judith in the shoulder and she fell to the ground. Daryl ran out and knelt at Judith's body, shaking her and begging her to wake up as Janie raised her gun up at the balcony.
"You!" She yelled at Pamela as she pulled the trigger. Pamela ducked and Janie's bullet hit a soldier instead. "We've got to go!"
"Throw it!" Daryl shouted, pointing to a fire extinguisher that hung on a nearby wall. Ezekiel grabbed it and threw it into the air as Daryl shot it and it exploded in a cloud of smoke.
Daryl scooped up Judith into his arms and everyone ran for the door.

Outside stood Yumiko, Luke and Eugene. Janie sighed as she fell into Luke's arms.
"Hey." She panted. "Long time no see."
"Oceanside was calling for me." He replied cheerfully.

They ran towards the city when the herd arrived, thousands of walkers pushing through the narrow streets. They all started to fight, making sure to clear a path so that Daryl could take Judith to the hospital.
"I'll find you!" Janie called after them as they disappeared round a corner. She turned back to see the walkers closing in around Luke, he had been bitten on the leg.

They arrived at the hospital and fought the walkers that surrounded the door. Inside Judith and Daryl were passed out on the floor, Judith's arm was covered in blood and Daryl had a black eye and a large bump on his head.
"You have to take Luke and amputate his leg." Janie told Kelly. "Me and Carol will help these two."
Kelly nodded, they pressed their foreheads together for a moment before going their separate ways.

Slowly Daryl's eyes flickered open and he groaned as the bright hospital lights blinded him.
"Hey." Janie whispered and he sat up and looked across the room where Luke was lay, dead, and his friends were sobbing as they wrapped up his leg. Daryl ripped the bandage off of his head and stood up.
"Daryl." Janie whispered putting her hand out to help him. He pushed her away.
"I'm fine." He grunted. He looked at the bed next to him where Judith lay.
"She's lost alot of blood." Janie spoke as Carol stood beside her.
"Pamela took everything to the estates where she lives. The doctors, nurses, medicine. She's holed up in her gated community." She spoke.
"I'm gonna give her blood." Daryl growled stepping towards Judith.
"Your types have to match." Carol explained calmly.
"His type goes with anybodies." Janie replied. "Merle used to make us sell it for money."
Daryl nodded before turning to his niece.
"Go." He spoke softly before looking over at Kelly. Janie nodded before slowly walking over.
"Hey." She whispered as Kelly pulled her tear soaked face off of Magna's shoulder. She fell into Janie's arms and Janie rubbed her girlfriends back.
"Is Judith going to be okay?" Kelly squeaked.
"Shhh." Janie whispered. "She's going to be fine."
The pair watched as Connie and Yumiko lay a sheet over Luke's body and suddenly there was a loud crash which came from the hallway.
"I'll go." Carol spoke frantically.
"We're coming too." Said Magna.

- Princexiero xx