Chapter Twenty-One: Where You're Going

The man with the handlebar moustache stepped out with a big smile stretching across his face.
"Good, you made it." He said looking around at the group. "Welcome to where you're going. My name's Simon and I'm gonna collect up your weapons." He pulled a gun from his holster and pointed it at the group. "Now."
"We can talk about-" Rick started but Simon interrupted him.
"We're done talking. Time to listen."
He took everyone's weapons and told then to get down on their knees in a line next to Eugene who was already there.
Once everyone was in place Dwight came out and opened the doors of a black van that was parked on the edge of the clearing. Four people got out and he dragged them to the line and pushed them to their knees, Rosita, Michonne, Glenn and Daryl. Daryl was drenched in blood and had, what appeared to be, a gunshot wound on his shoulder. Janie watched as he slumped over onto the gravel below him.
"Alright. We've got a full boat." Simon cheered as he approached the RV. "Let's meet the man." He knocked on the door and it swung open to reveal a tall, stocky man with slicked back hair and a grin on his face, he wore a leather jacket and red scarf and in his hand was a baseball bat neatly wrapped in barbed wire.
"Pissing our pants yet?" He asked as he stepped towards them. "Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close. It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon."
"This one's the leader." Simon said looking down at Rick. The man stood in front of him and sighed.
"Hi. Your Rick, right?" He asked but Rick didn't answer. "I'm Negan and I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. You have no idea how not cool that shit is but I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly." Negan leaned back and chuckled heartily before looking back at Rick and shaking his head. "You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes." His mouth Stretched out into a large smile before he continued. "You see Rick, no matter what you do, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So even if you're stupid which you very may well be, you can understand it." He lowered his bat next to Rick's head. "Give me your shit or I will kill you. You work for me now, you have shit, you give it to me. You understand?" He put his hand to his ear and listened out for a reply but no one moved. "No answer?" He furrowed his brow as he looked around at everyone. "You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, did you? You killed my people, a whole damn lot of them, and for that you're gonna pay. I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you." He finally pulled his bat away from Rick and swung it around in his hands a few times. "This is Lucille and she is awesome." He looked up and down the line slowly before his eyes landed on Maggie, he stepped towards her and crouched down. "Jesus!" He exclaimed. "You look shitty. I should just put you out if your misery right now."
"No!" Glenn screamed as he jumped forward towards Negan. Dwight caught him mid air and he landed to the ground with a thump.
"Nope." Negan shook his head as Dwight punched Glenn hard in the face. "Get him back in line." Dwight dragged him by his collar back to his spot next to Rosita and he struggled and screamed. "Don't any of you do that again." Negan yelled. "I will shut that shit down, no exceptions." He pointed Lucille out in front of him and slowly walked towards Michonne. "Eenie..." He said as she looked up at him through her brow. He then moved onto Abraham. "Meanie..." Abraham straightened his posture, puffed out his chest and stared at Negan fearlessly. "Miney..." Maggie was next, her eyes stayed looking at the ground as sweat poured down her face. "Mo..." Negan said as he stood in front of Rick, his eyes were red and bloodshot and his lip quivering as he looked at Lucille. "Catch..." He said as Janie raised her head confidentially and glared at him. "A tiger..." Sasha flinched as Negan pointed the bat at her. "By his toe..." Aaron's whole body shook as he stared up at Negan, his eyes continued to follow him as he moved on to Carl. "If he hollers, let him go..." He raised himself off the ground, on his knees to make himself appear taller. "My mother..." Negan said to Eugene as his lip quivered and a tear rolled down his face. "Told me..." Glenn stayed staring at the ground, a bruise starting to form on his cheek. "To pick the very best one..." Rosita shook as she tried her best to hold in her tears. "And you..." Negan stopped at Daryl who looked tiny and inferior next to the man. "Are..." Michonne stayed looking down the line at Rick. "It."
As soon as they heard Negan stop in front of his final person, everyone looked towards the middle of the line to see him and Abraham staring at each other.
"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that." Negan jumped as he raised his bat high above his head and let it come crashing down onto Abrahams skull without a second thought. There was a crack and a thud and suddenly Abraham was face first on the ground. Then slowly he got back up, thick blood dripping from his hair.
"Suck..." He croaked. "My... Nuts."
Negan roared with laughter as he swung the bat a second time, there was another crack and thud as he fell to the floor again but this time he didn't get back up. Negan continued to cave his skull in until pieces of brain were flying up into the air and Abraham's head consisted of a thick, red pulp.
"Did you hear that?" Negan laughed manically. "He said, 'suck my nuts.'" His eyes fell on Rosita. "Sweetheart," he said as he approached her. "Lay your eyes on this." He held the bat out in front of her face, glistening with blood. "Take a damn look!" He shouted and, like he was spring loaded, Daryl jumped to his feet and swung his fist at Negan, hitting him in the jaw. Dwight and Simon grabbed him and wrestled him to the ground.
"Daryl!" Janie screamed before jumping up to help him, Dwight now had Daryl held at crossbow point as Simon pulled Janie arms behind her back and held onto wrists tightly. "Get off!" She screamed before leaning her head forward and swiftly headbutting Simon in the nose. He threw her back in her spot in line between Rick and Sasha before pulling a gun from his waistband and pointing it at her head.
"Not one bit of that shit flies here!" Negan shouted at everyone as Dwight dragged Daryl back in line and Simon lowered his gun. "I already told you I'd shut that shit down, no exceptions." Negan continued. "So, back to it." He said as he raised his bat and swung round, hitting Glenn as he did. He fell to the floor and Negan hit him a second time and Maggie screamed for him to stop. Slowly Glenn sat up to reveal a crater in the top of of his head, his face was dripping with blood and one of his eyes popped out of his skull. He gurgled and spluttered before spitting blood onto the ground.
"It seems like you're trying to speak." Negan said, his eyes lighting up and the edges of his mouth curling up into a smile.
"Maggie..." Glenn groaned before wheezing. "I'll find you."

- Princexiero xx