Not a Movie 134 - GAP: THE SERIES

So, most of you might know about this series since it has been so popular and loved. Like, I watched the episodes as they were being released but I didn't want to write a review while being high on the show lol. Because I didn't want to write just good things about it. 

The show is good, of course, just that when you get back to the ground and re-watch a few scenes - the real issues come to light. 

The series is about Mon, who idolizes Sam, who I think is royalty or someone of an extremely high status in Thailand. And it is Mon's idolization which brings her to work in Sam's office, and from there on, we get an office romance which is actually entertaining to watch. 

Now, the show is funny, it's quirky and cute. The actresses playing Mon and Sam have great chemistry with one another, and fit well together. Just that if we switched Sam's actress with a male actor, we'd have a problematic show which none of us would've liked to watch. There are multiple situations where Sam treats Mon like utter shit, and doubts her. I mean, she quickly realizes her mistakes as compared to a man if he was in her position, like many cliched shows. But yes, that's the only good thing about Sam. But I think her behavior is ingrained in her from her childhood where she was never allowed to do what she wanted. 

And yes, here, we will talk about the antagonist of the show, who is Sam's grandmother. Hah, grandma's can be so cruel sometimes. But anyway, I thought the show was nice, even with all the cliches and toxicity. Why? Because it is one of the few Thai shows with a main wlw relationship, and the show was aired on a national channel in Thailand. I say PROGRESS. 

So, yeah, the show gets out of its cons because it is literally a milestone for us peeps. And one other thing that this show was able to do. Because of its large fanbase and popularity, many other lesbian shows are being made in Thailand now. Yes, I will review them as well as soon as they are available. 

But yeah, GAP all the way! 

Also, I won't be able to sleep peacefully if I don't write about the beautifully crafted songs of this series. Literally the soundtrack is all original and most of it is sung by the actors and actresses themselves, which is absolutely amazing. Literal multitalented Kings and Kweens. 

Anyway, you can watch the entire show on YouTube. I'll add the link to the playlist and the first episode right here. Hope you guys enjoy the show if you haven't watched it already. 

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnSVdDZKy2nuvcUhBUFpRJHgCs76KSGMG