Movie 66 - ELISA Y MARCELA (ELISA AND MARCELA)

I love watching historical movies, and when they're based on real people, I can't help but love them more. Elisa and Marcela is that movie for me. And since I love watching movies in pretty much any language, I was absolutely excited to watch this movie and see how it would be like. 

I've been aware of Elisa and Marcela, and how they were the lesbian couple who got married in Spain. And how their marriage is the first recorded same-sex marriage in Spain. It gives me so much happiness to know that these brave individuals from the past are being brought up in movies and tv shows, and they are being celebrated for who they were unapologetically. 

Elisa and Marcela does hold up to the point of how wonderfully gripping their story is. You can see the happiness of falling in love, waiting and then meeting again right from the start. It is a great flow of happenings and I actually appreciated the cinematography. The best part for me would definitely be the way the whole movie is black and white. It makes the movie more interesting. 

Anyway, before I bore you guys to death, I hope you guys go watch the movie and enjoy it as much as I did. 

Since, I couldn't find the movie in the original language, I'll put down the links to the ones that are dubbed in english.

The links are down below. Enjoy!

https://www.uwatchfree.st/2019/06/elisa-y-marcela-2019-full-movie/

https://www0.moviesub.is/movies-elisa-and-marcela-2019-moviesub.html

(It's also on Netflix, so you can watch it there. I don't have Netflix so that's a sad life for me, lol)