Movie 108 - THE PROM

One thing's universal ~ Life's no dress rehearsal~

Yep, I've had that song stuck in my head for a long while now. It also makes it depressing to think how the song ends up as, lol. But no sadness here. So shoo away sadness, because The Prom is coming through. 

I loved this movie so much that I can't even describe the feeling. It was a great 2 hour long ride. Like, I could watch this again and again because of how amazing all the songs are. And the performances are all so top-notch. I've never hated James Corden but assuming myself as someone that did - I absolutely love him now. And what makes it worst is that I cried in most of his scenes. Like, instead of relating to the actual lesbian as I should've, I was relating to the gay middle-aged man. Yep, that's how good James Corden's performance was in this. All of the actors and actresses' performances were amazing though. 

And seriously, all of Alyssa and Emma's scenes were so beautiful, even though they didn't have many scenes together as compared to the other peeps. They had so much chemistry and looked so cute together. 

The movie is an adaption of a broadway musical by the same name. It's about a girl who just wants to attend prom with the girl she likes, but the parents all don't want a "homosexual prom" because somehow having one lesbian couple would make the whole prom gay. 

Yes, the movie seems very outdated with the whole premise of prom being cancelled just because one lesbian wants to attend with her girlfriend, but I understand why it isn't. Because shit like this could definitely happen or maybe already has before. The movie is a non-serious and musical (literally) take on these issues, but it also shows it as very real. Because there are definitely parents who kick their kids out when they find out they're gay. There are also parents who make other gay or any LGBTQIA+ teen's life miserable because they fill their own kids' heads with intolerance and hatred. Everything begins with parents, in all honesty, but they aren't all knowing either. Parents were taught the same things from their own, so I understand both sides empathetically.

Anyway, lets go on to a lighter topic. I have a lot of comments about that one song sequence where Andrew Rennells' character tries to break down what the bible says in a song. And first off, if only people were intelligent enough to listen to reason and musicals, they'd defeinitely have more empathy. But yes, I agree with his character on how having no drama club in shool might also be a reason for lack of empathy. But really though, if you can't love thy neighbor then just let them love themselves and don't interfere in their lives. 

Now, I'll share what my favorite songs from the movie were because that's a must. Tonight belongs to you is at no.1 because of obvious reasons. I literally started this review with the lyrics from the song. No.2 spot belongs to Alyssa Greene, no doubt. And then all the other songs share the spot at no.3 because my lists are very short and there's no song that's bad. 

Anyway, that's all from me. Watch the movie because its beautiful and zazzy. I'm pretty sure I used that word in the wrong context, but who cares. I hope you guys enjoy the movie and as always, the links are going to be down below. Also, Happy Winter season to all, as well as Happy Christmas to ya'll since we'll meet again next year hopefully. :)

https://ww2.fmovies.cab/film/the-prom/f8GZUhLH/t60Jk3VX-watching.html