Prologue. Banishment

The citadel lay quiet, except for the occasional howl from the wind, snow falling heavily.

The broken wall was blocked off, the Licorice Sea looking as fierce as usual, yet no signs of the Licorice Sea Monster coming out any time soon.

Affogato hid in his room, his entire room shattered and torn apart, his mirror having a large crack down the middle.

His face was covered in strawberry jam, and a sword wound rested in the middle of his stomach, bandaged up.

He looked at his distorted reflection, his normal stance, beauty, and lust ripped to shreds.

His eyes were red and puffy, tears rolling down his chin as his hands lay in fists.

His hands shook as he slowly lifted one up, positioning himself to punch the mirror, then a knock at the door.

"Affogato. Are you ready yet?.." a servant said.

Affogato let out a huff as he faced the door, "Almost..."

He walked away from the mirror and grabbed his cloak, wrapping it around himself before exiting.

The servant looked at him with a neutral face, for once, not a face of nervousness or worry.

Two guards grabbed Affogato's arms, tying him up so he couldn't escape.

They escorted him out of the Citadel, going past other guards, each holding a disciple from Affogato.

The citadel had cracks and strawberry jam dripping down the walls, even rubble lay in some archways, blocking entrance and exit from that room.

He got escorted to the gates of the kingdom, and a crowd of people waited for him.

Disciples followed him, all looking rough and hurt.

Dark Cacao waited at the gates, along with Caramel Arrow and Crunchy Chip.

His face was cold as Caramel Arrow's face rested, annoyed and frustrated, Crunchy Chip's face just looked hurt and betrayed. Though he wasn't present, he heard what happened.

Affogato got released from the grip of guards but was right in front of Dark Cacao. He sat on his knees as he looked up at Dark Cacao with fear.

Dark Cacao looked down at him before gripping the bottom of his chin, grabbing it tightly, and tilting it further up.

"Once again, Affogato. How do you plead?" His tone was ice-cold, his breath coming out white, the snow falling onto the fur around his neck.

Affogato said nothing but avoided eye contact, looking at one of his disciples, being pinned to the floor, trying to resist screaming from the agony.

"Affogato, answer!" Dark Cacao snarled, shaking Affogato's head, trying to get his attention.

"Your Majesty, why don't you let me get this traitorous snake to talk." Caramel Arrow suggested.

Crunchy Chip walked behind Affogato, quickly tugging on his hair and pulling his head back.

Affogato hissed in pain as he locked eyes with Dark Cacao, his face getting more fierce.

"How. Do. You. Plead?" He asked again.

Affogato clicked his tongue before responding, "Innocent."

"How so? YOU TRIED TO KILL HIS MAJESTY!" Caramel Arrow snarled, her hands going up to reach for her bow.

"Now, Caramel Arrow," Dark Cacao put his hand in front of her, "Why do you plead innocent?"

Affogato let out a snarky laugh before making eye contact deeper than before, "Simple. I only did what this kingdom wanted. A king who didn't isolate himself once his son left! They wanted a king who still cared about the Kingdom, not a silly wall and his banished son, which may I add, HE BANISHED!"