656.Old friend

"I am sure Ben will squeeze some time out from his busy schedule for us, right Ben?" Philip asked.

Looking at Clara, Ben nodded his head. "Sure, anything for you guys."

Just then Clara excused herself and left the room.

After sometime, Ben gulped down the whole content of his glass and followed Clara.

Stopping him, Sam asked, "Where are you going?"

"Washroom." Ben answered before walking out of the room.

Sam sighed and helplessly shook his head.

.....

Inside the ladies washroom.

Clara was wiping her hands when Ben barged into the washroom.

Clara widened her eyes in shock and asked, "Ben what are you doing here? It's a ladies washroom."

"I know." Ben answered before walking towards her.

Clara gulped in nervousness and took a step back. "Ben I-"

Wrapping his arms around her waist, Ben pulled her into his embrace and took a deep breath.

Pressing her hand on his chest, Clara asked, "What are you-"

"Just for a while please." Ben pleaded.

Clara sighed before sliding her hands to his back and hugging him back. Burying her head on his chest, she closed her eyes. When tears started running down her cheeks, she tightened her grip around him.

"Why does it have to be like this? Why?" Ben asked.

Clutching on his shirt, Clara sobbed harder. "I am sorry."

Her sobs were like a dagger plunged into his heart. The more she cried in front of him, the more vulnerable he felt.

Pulling away, Ben wiped her tears away and cupped her face. "We can still fix everything. We can go somewhere else and start a new life. No one will know where we are and-"

Cutting him off, Clara grabbed his collar and said, "I am married Ben, I am married." before burying her face in his chest.

Pain. Pain was the only thing Ben was feeling. The pain of losing the woman he loved to someone else.

"That marriage has no meaning Clara. That man hasn't touched you even once after you got married to him."

When Clara did not say anything, Ben cupped her face and caressed her cheek. "Clara, you are just meant for me, okay? I am incomplete without you. You are incomplete without me too."

Clara shook her head and said, "No Ben this is wrong. What happened that night was wrong and this is also wrong. We shouldn't be here, I shouldn't be here."

"Wrong? You think that was wrong? Whatever happened that night was heartfelt. Something that you and I always wanted to share. That was the most wonderful time I have ever shared with you Clara. That wasn't wrong and even you know that. You were supposed to be mine. You were supposed to be my wife, my life partner not-"

Cutting him off, Clara shook her head. "You also know that it was wrong Ben. It shouldn't have happened. It only happened because we were drunk."

Placing her hand on his cheek, Clara murmured, "I am married Ben, it's already over. You have to get over this. I am no more the woman you used to love. I am someone's wife now."

Keeping quiet for quite some time, Beth grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest. "Look into my eyes and tell me that you don't love me anymore. Tell me that you are really happy in this marriage. Tell me that you are happy with Philip."