795.Open mind

Sooji's and Seungmin's new place

After arrival at the new apartment where they would be staying until Sooji's delivery and until the baby is healthy enough to travel.

Looking at his wife who had been extremely quiet since they had the intense conversation in that hospital a couple of hours ago, Seungmin was about to say something when she interrupted him.

"I'll take a nap for a few hours, don't disturb me until then." Without waiting for his reply, she made her way towards the closest room she could find.

"That is not our bedroom honey, it's the other one," he informed before pointing towards the master bedroom.

Without even looking in that direction, she kept walking towards the other bedroom. "You can rest there if you want to."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he sighed. He knew that she would not talk to him properly until he told her everything. Thinking for quite some time, he followed her to the other room.

....

Inside the room.

When he sat on the edge of the bed, she turned to the other side and ignored him.

Taking a deep breath, Seungmin said, "I didn't want to tell you anything because I know you will overthink about everything and overexert yourself. Stress isn't good for you and the baby, you have to understand that I care for you Sooji. You are the only family I have and I can't afford to lose you."

With her eyes still closed, she turned towards him and pretended to sleep.

Helplessly shaking his head, he chuckled before snuggling beside her. Wrapping his arms around her, he explained, "You are right, Jeongin is responsible for the murders that are happening lately."

"And this is why you wanted to come here?" When he nodded his head, she inquired, "What now? Did you tell the police about it?"

"I wasn't sure about it at first so I did a little investigation, this is when I found out that he is the one who—" Stopping midway, he sighed. Seungmin still blamed himself for how Jeongin had turned out to be. If he hadn't helped him to deal with the mess that he had created for the first time several years ago, maybe he wouldn't have turned out to be like that.

"Was he always like this? I mean, since the day I met him?" she curiously inquired.

Seungmin shrugged his shoulders and answered, "I really don't know, he did mess things up in the past but they were not this extreme. Well, at least it did not involve people getting mercilessly killed." When she clutched onto his shirt and pursed her lips, he inquired. "What's wrong?"

Keeping quiet for quite some time, she answered, "I think I might have known something for a long time back but I shrugged it off thinking it was nothing. I mean, you told me about his mental health problems so I thought maybe he was talking rubbish so—"

"What are you talking about honey?"

"A couple of years ago, right after you met with that accident—"

"I had heard Jeongin talk to someone over the phone, he was scolding someone for not completing the task. I thought it was related to you for a second but I shrugged it off because he was your brother and I never thought that Jeongin was capable of hurting anyone. But now when I think about it, maybe he was talking about you," she explained.

Tightening her grip in his shirt, she nervously asked, "What if he tries to harm you again?"

"Hey, stop thinking about it, okay? The police are already looking for him and I am sure he will get caught soon," he assured her.