ACCISMUS- CHAPTER 7~ MOLLIES

Dwhyte quickly filled the spot as on cue someone drove out.

He sat in the car for a good few minutes before he got in the cafe. He looked around, as he tried to locate where his boss was seated. The wave of a hand was the first thing he saw before he realized that it was her. He smiled, and soon headed to her direction where she reserved a seat. She moved her red stylish handbag, and gestured for him to fill the spot. Dwhyte complied and muttered his pleasantries. She was yet to order, as he realized that she only had a teal water bottle on the counter.

"Thank you so much for showing up Darin."

"It's okay Miss." He smiled reassuringly. Miss Espionosa looked at her employee. It was the first time she had seen him dressed this casual. He wore a cargo pants with a white top. He seemed quite mannerly and just easy to talk to, she really didn't know why she thought about him first when it came to these projects. He was the main accountant, advertising and such wasn't in his major.

He pulled out the computer, the screen illuminated as he was recently using it. He quickly opened the file. It was just a twenty five page document, but because he was double spacing why it looked much.

"I hope you don't mind." Miss Espionosa took possession of the device, her fingers moving up and down the touchpad, she adjusted her glasses ever so often which made him anxious. "My partner gave me some assistance."

"She has qualification in graphic design and has a wide computer-based knowledge." Dwhyte said as he pointed to the screen. "This is a prototype can be adjusted to satisfy you. We want the customers to feel secure buying the product. Within the advertising strategies we'll refrain from using testimonials as the productive haven't being launched and reviewed as yet. As it will not feel authentic. I would prefer we use an informative approach. To let the purchaser have an idea of what they are using, let them get accustomed and it will bring forth trust."

"Darin." Dwhyte looked up from the screen at the mention of his surname. "You smell like strawberries. Unprofessional thing to say. When you're purchasing your shampoos what do you do?"

He side-eyed the woman that passed and overheard what she said.

"Well, Strawberry is correct. What I do first is I check for warnings as they tend to put that in fine-print. Second I check the ingredients." Dwhyte laughed. "Not because it have that strawberry picture on the front means it's actually in there."

His female boss hummed.

"You think vegan 'cheese' is real cheese? I don't think so."

She hummed again, liking his level of knowledge.

"Since I am the one that asked, how about we order something. Treat is on me."

They both locked up at the brightly floral designed menu which had all the listed bakeries, sweets and drinks. His superior signaled the waiter and ordered almost immediately.

"Hello. Can I have two chocolate cupcake please and a glass of limeade. What would you like to order Darin?"

"Just a slice of chocolate cake, no sprinkles. You guys still sell those mini-box milk?"

The waiter nodded, he scribbled down. "Chocolate milk please."

The waiter left, fascinated Miss Espionosa asked, "They sold chocolate milk here?"

"Yeah! All the milks you can think of. One hundred percent vegan friendly options too." "You're vegan?"

"Nope." Dwhyte laughed, he remembered a similar inside joke between himself and his wife. A very bittersweet moment.

"Oh my gosh Darin. You could've told me." His hands raised in surrender as he matched her playful gaze, excitedly he rubbed his hand as his order was placed in front of him.

"You know why this small business is successful? It's because they try to cater to as much customer. Their recipes and offerings are adjusted to consumer's preferences, hence why they have such popularly and no doubt a huge market share. There is food for vegans, those that will eat anything, those for the lactose and gluten intolerant, then you have the coffee lovers, the tea lovers and not to mention the environment equipped with free Wi-Fi so you can work and still enjoy."

Miss Espionosa nodded, Dwhyte placed her plate close to her. They knocked the white plastics fork together, Dwhyte's eyes couldn't help but roll to the back of his head as he took the first bite.

He savored and nodded appreciatively, his boss too grinned.

They spent almost two hours, when it was time to go, Dwhyte order another two slices this time red velvet cake for Drian and a chocolate milk for his boss, since she didn't get any, then escorted her safely to her car. His boss had the computer and will make her edits to suit, he placed the empty knapsack in the backseat, the second copy securely stored on the thumb-drive. He left and drove back home. Then came just this sudden heaviness on his shoulder, he took a left turn.

The rain fell started again, he turned on the windscreen wiper. It was ironic because the rain just made him sad. He couldn't explain it, but it was just urging him to cry. He pulled over, the water on the windscreen triggered him as soon as he turned on the head and tail lights so other motorists can know. He rested his head against the steering and just wailed. He glanced at the cake, eyes still wet. Urgently he pulled it from the plastic and took a big bite. He savored, and just when he felt calm enough, he was on the road again.

He finally realized how messed up she made him.