ACCISMUS- CHAPTER 27~ PESSIMISTIC

Dwhyte looked nothing like when he was in the car with her the other night, he looked well kept, and the business/formal wear always matched his figure. Now he looked disoriented and Catherine ignored that as she didn't want to be pessimistic about the situation.

"Hello." she placed a subtle kiss to his forehead, he appreciated the gesture. "I got some stuff for you". She realized that he had food on the side table that wasn't even touched.

"And I want you to eat this time."

She pulled out hers from the bag, warm, and smelt great. It was filled with fruits in the patrician, then there were stuffed chicken breast, steamed broccoli and carrots with sesame rice. There was also a bottle of cool water and fruit juice.

"Can you help me change first?" She could hear the vocal fry, nodded nonetheless and grabbed the bag. She assorted his clothes. They smelt of fabric softener. She watched him as he pulled on the undergarments first then removed the hospital coat, he added the shirt and the shorts. Dwhyte grabbed the grey socks instead of the blue one and sat down on the bed. He was really quick and she saw that even in his slowed state, he tried to be less exposure of his body like he was trying to hide something.

She didn't pry and even though a pained expression, she just wanted to give him his space as persistence can come off as insensitive.

"Thanks." He laid back down, his phone vibrated like crazy, he sprayed his hand with sanitizer. "You can have some first, I don't mind."

"I'm okay baby."

He picked a piece of the chicken and rice and gave her, she obliged as she felt like he wasn't going to eat until she had some. After her, he got some, Catherine laid against his shoulder, the smell of food in the air as she waited on him. He ate soundly. She only hoped that her actions of affection didn't come off as clingy, as she hadn't seen him a long time and wanted to embrace every moment with him. Dwhyte coughed, she was quick to pass the water which he kindly accepted.

"You know, I legit though you were ignoring me." She said sadly, he rubbed his forehead against her head. "I panicked, I thought you ran off, after everything." They stayed like that for what felt like eternity and come everlasting, he would never get tired of this moment. He felt guilty but it was never his intention for her to feel that way.

"Just going through some things right now."

"You don't have to tell me yet." She looked into his eyes, scared that he might ran off for real this time. She rubbed his stomach, Dwhyte flinched, and she lifted his shirt.

"I'm okay." She glanced up at him, who was quick to offer a quick assurance. "Cat, I'm okay."

She reluctantly nodded, not liking the sight of everything. She could feel her heart breaking nonetheless as many scenarios came rushing in her mind.

His heart beating against her back was the comfort she needed. After all those injuries he suffered, he was alive and there was room to talk in the future.

The door pushed after a knock, a lad in brown uniform was followed by another dressed in a more casual outfit.

"Mr. Darin, I'm Antwonne Herold. I'm with the Trafalgar Police Department." The duo sat up, Catherine squeezed his hand, confused he squeeze back.

"Shall we speak in private?"

That day when Vernice left, she went straight to her childhood home after she trailed her mom's car. The entire family is shaken by what had transpired. Not too fond on the way Esther had handled things, there was an argument to which Drian had to leave the confines of the room in his mom's attic to defend herself when everyone started to argue. A few other family members loitered around, the uproar had caused the pile up and many of them were angered too. The incident spread like wildfire.