ACCISMUS- CHAPTER 23~ GRIEVING

He did not take her death well. It had been close to two weeks.

He thought he could distract himself with work so much that he could forget reality but it wasn't as easy as it sounded. Dwayne literally told him that it would be good to acknowledge it, but the denial was what made it seem less hard. It was proven to work, but not as much. In that brief moment, he felt somewhat better, even in his sleeping state Dwhyte knew he was in a different environment.

Catherine's head rested in the small nape of his neck, her heartbeat was something out of an ASMR, as it made him relaxed. The fruit shampoo she used hafted his nose occasionally, everything about her was pleasant.

Her polished index drew unconscious circles on his legs, she remembered how much of a hugger he was, especially in his sleep, and it bought a small smile to her lips. She liked the way he made her felt small. As a big girl, big boned, plus sized, Dwhyte treated her like just another woman and it was like he didn't even notice these things.

Or maybe he didn't care.

She slowly drifted away, as it was already morning. She wanted to start the day, however covered him to get as much rest as possible. He was going through it and a rest might lessen the weight of everything. She barely stumbled out of bed, Dwhyte drifted but remained asleep. Just when she thought she had made it, she stubbed her toe, Dwhyte was now fully up and was looking in her direction with concern. She tried her best to not squeal, the pain radiated from her toe up her leg. Had she scream she knew the man would be at her side in seconds.

"Shucks, I really didn't want to wake you." She curled her toes, the pain had slowly died down.

"It's okay. I couldn't sleep longer if I wanted to. What's wrong?" He smiled and got up, Catherine watched him as he straightened the sheets.

"Come down when you're ready. I'm going to freshmen up and make some tea." Dwhyte nodded, though his back was turned.

"You can use the bathroom."

He cursed mentally. Though Catherine didn't give him any mixed signals that he was imposing, he felt that way. He looked at his state was even more discomfited, last night's events played in his mind. She saw him like that, one of the worst period of his life.

He washed his face and changed into his original clothes, he gazed the mirror, and bags were under his eyes just not as before. Breakfast was quiet, they ate, Dwhyte did the dishes and tidied up, it was the least he could do. They were interrupted by the buzz of the front door, Catherine watched her friends entered. Dressed and glowing for their early morning outings, Dwhyte had grabbed his stuff. He passed them with a nod, though they were checking him out, Catherine watched amused as that the man navigated his way around them and out the front door. She heard the car start, the engine roared to life until the sound gradually disappeared from her driveway.

Janice came first, a knowing look on her face, she held a teasing look and she shoulder bounced Catherine.

"Who's that?"

"Somebody." She said with a laugh, the girls frowned as they knew she wasn't going to dwell on it. Catherine can be so secretive sometimes. She spoke about him for some time but remained as vague as possible, she could help but blush when her friends gushed, the excitement made her feel like if something was to be more between them, then, they wouldn't be as harsh on him like Kennedy. Though it was their overprotectiveness that aided with her escape.

Catherine got ready, the three women waited.

Drian was at home when Dwhyte made it. She remained distant, nothing much was said. While Dwhyte had a cool bottle of water from the fridge, he could feel her gaze on the back of his head.