ACCISMUS- CHAPTER 15~ SHORTCOMINGS

He was on the phone with Vern.

The corner of his lips formed a smile as she ranted, she was such an entertaining woman. Lorna was being rude and he could hear the child running around the house, he knew Vern has had enough.

"I don't know what I'm going to do." Vern said into the phone her voice sounded defeated.

She had gotten the familiarities out of the way, the bandage from Dwhyte's arm was removed. There was slight tenderness here and there but it was an improvement.

"Let me take her off your hands tonight. I have a small party at work and were could bring our plus one. Lorna and I barely hang out as she have school. Maybe I can show her where I work and she can get cake."

Dwhyte tried his best to sound ecstatic.

"Cake?" It was as if Vern had the phone on loud speaker, he heard his god daughter shrieked in excitement, and he knew he won the battle. "Did you say cake Poppie?"

Dwhyte waited for Vern to answer, despite the child being excited, he wanted her mother's approval first.

"Yes honey. Your God father is inviting you out with him. You'll see where he goes off to seven o clock every morning. You'll even get cake. Soon you're going to write down and tell me everything you saw."

And in school she was being introduced to paragraph writing so this will not only be fun but an educational one. Lorna was diagnosed with Autism and a mild case of ADHD. She was very artistic, literate and numerical. She attends a school for children who're on the spectrum. Maybe the child will like it and pursue something in business.

"Alright. She can get ready by six. You can give her a jacket in case it gets cold."

They did their farewell.

After the party he was going straight. Drop Lorna off and to his mother's house. He packed a small bag with essentials as he would've already have clothing over there. Dwhyte went to the bathroom and install the mirror he bought from Brittany's Couture. The peripherals were out of this world. He only cut his hair at home as his sensitive skin couldn't manage the public barber shear. He was scared that the cutting shearers weren't properly sanitized and his breakouts took weeks to heal.

He started with the front first then gradually went to the size, he just cut his hair low and did a line up. He'll do a Taper fade if the occasion arises. The spray of the alcohol topped with the sting he could never get used to. The next half an hour, he was searching for the right clothes to wear. Nothing too casual, but business casual. He pulled out a dark blue pants that he had to alter, the legs fitted but the waist was slightly big. He grabbed for his red bottom loafer, a semi thin white shirt that he didn't bother to button all the way up.

It was night, he doubt anyone would notice.

Dwhyte got dressed, his wallet and phone shoved in his pocket as he rolled the sleeves of his shirt up, a thin silver chain matched his watch. He heard the sound of the car horns, Vern must've dropped Lorna off.

He made his way downstairs as he heard music playing in the guest room. He grabbed the duffle. "I'm out!" Didn't wait for a response. As soon as he reached the car, Lorna climbed into his arms, her head rested on his shoulder.

"You're looking very handsome Dwhyte." she winked. "You take care of my baby girl."

"Thank you Vern and thanks so much for trusting me with her. I'll bring her back safe and sound."

He briskly walked to his vehicle with the excited child in his arms he resisted the urge to laugh.

"Buckle up cute girl."