ACCISMUS CHAPTER 35- NIGHT LIGHTS

While everyone had gone out in groups for drinks, Dwhyte and Catherine met up at a local attraction spot. She was wearing regular high waist jeans, white striped shirt and a leather jacket and matching boots. Seeing her like this was refreshing as the night air brushed her hair to the side every so often. She looked almost regular like him, but he knew how of a high value this woman was. She still managed to blend in the crowd so good as her white beanie somewhat covered the top of her hair.

He passed her a small bouquet of freshly cut, pink and red blossomed flowers; that he had forgotten the name of. It was still beautiful regardless as it reminded him of the shades she always used for her lips.

"You look so comfortable." Catherine ran off in the dark, as she cutely giggled, her sounds echoed through every step she took. He knew she wanted him to chase her. She he did making a lot of sounds so knew he was with her, but it excited her, she disappeared for a second but her white top contrasted with the night as she was seen behind a willow tree.

He slowly went to her this time as she thought her attempt to escape him was successful and when she seemed comfortable, he pounced through the night air, satisfied at her scram, he started to laugh at she slapped at him.

"You can't scare me like that!" She slapped at him breathlessly.

'You were scared baby, oh noo!" He pulled her to his chest as she sniffled. He just couldn't believe this. This was the woman that intimidated him. This teddy bear, mushy, cushion, squishy- ain't no way.

They found a bench under the tree as they sat down. She sat beside him, but close as they watched the affair going on the distance. The Greenwich Lights illuminated the entire vicinity as they spend some minutes talking, his hands again were captured in hers. "So, why did you retire so early yesterday? I thought you would've had dinner with us?"

"I was just tired. I hope I didn't offend anyone."

"No, it's cool. We just ate and went back to bed as we would've had the meeting in the morning so we need rest." She glanced at him after she spoke. "Enough about work stuff. Can I ask you a question?"

He nodded.

"How do you feel dating a non-traditional woman?"

"What makes you say that?"

"Well for one, at my age, I'm neither married nor have kids."

"You want my honest answer?" the nod of approval made him continued. "Though you've well established yourself. I feel like you're a very versatile person and you can balance to both."

"No, but how do you feel?" If she had asked Kennedy this, he would've fucked it over already. The least she wanted was a man to assume that she can't be driven.

"You title only adds to your character and however you don't let it define you. So I'm good."

"'How do you feel being in a secret interaction with a guy with so much baggage?" This was probably the most straight-forward he had been, maybe in all tier conversations.

"I feel like everyone has their baggage and it's normal but as long as we want this thing to work them the load won't matter. A person with not even a load is somewhat red flag to me. Cause even when you have your life together, there has to be something that test our character."

He glanced in her eyes, just looking for a piece of information that would falter. Her words were very insightful- but after being surrounded by-people that just told him what he wanted to hear -for a long while, he had being having trust issues after that. He didn't find any signs that would contradict her but instead longing and sincerity.