ACCISMUS- CHAPTER 18~ THE FINALE

The kitchen was filled. Miss Alice, Dwhyte's mother assigned tasked for them. Dwayne and Dwhyte cut the vegetables, Ryan prepped the ribs, while Jacobi boiled the potatoes and she did the green drink. The conversations were awkward in the beginning as they tried their best to invite Dwhyte in, who really didn't say much. Alice added oats to the bullet and grinded it into flour and prepared to make some oatmeal cookies.

"Miss Alice you had chocolate cake in the fridge and didn't tell me." Dwayne was a sucker for chocolate stuff too, she smiled as they all reminded her of her son. They were half siblings but she really didn't see much difference. Dwhyte diced the final carrot and walked to the sink to wash.

"Oh, my baby bought some back last night. We can have some for dessert." Alice eyed him, for approval mostly, Dwhyte didn't take a second to nod.

Jacobi's hands found his shoulder in a side hug, Dwhyte smiled.

"You always so quiet. You good?" He had that goofy grin on his face, he could never take that guy seriously.

"Of course."

"That's more like it!" Music was activated, the house felt slightly warmer, the company was a slight blessing in disguise for Dwhyte that he had started to drop his guards a little bit. Meanwhile everything cooked, they played a game of monopoly, and he watched and offered his mother cheat advises when no one was looking. At some point Jacobi noticed and Dwhyte laughed out, everyone afterwards.

"You're cheating!"

"That's an accusation!" Dwhyte sassed back, Jacobi rolled his eyes and paid no mind to it. Soon the eldest woman in the house got up, which made Dwhyte played in her place, soon Dwayne who went to accompany her in the kitchen, Dwhyte heard the timer went off and the oven cranked, the cookies aroma filled the air.

"I'm out. I'll need to take a loan." Jacobi mumbled, displeased. He was a year older than Dwhyte and he could clearly see that even from playing the game, he was reckless with money.

"You guys want a cookie. I know for sure they're still warm though."

They nodded, Dwhyte got up and headed for the kitchen. A series of whisper from the two occupants in the kitchen caught his attention. Their hushed exchanges made it hard to eavesdrop as he was concerned.

"You have to tell him."

That was all he heard, Dwhyte entered the kitchen and they stopped. Dwayne grabbed for the towel, lifted the hot pot handle and stirred the brazed meats as his mother checked the rice. Dwhyte grabbed a few cookies and headed out, he eyed his mother who gazed him sadly. She knew that he must've figured something out. He sat back down on the floor, back rested against Jacobi's knee as he ate the cookie. Not even bother to pass any.

By then, the food was served and everyone was gathered around the huge dining table. There was just enough chairs for all of them as they banqueted. Dwayne and his mother gaze him. He ate his food and tried his best to not muster an expression. His mum was hiding something from him and it was making him anxious. The others talked completely unaware of the tension, Dwhyte sipped the mango passion drink and allowed himself to relax.

"We can talk afterwards honey." Dwhyte shrugged. And just when everyone seemed done, he scraped the leftovers in a plastic bags and washed the dishes, as the tables were now completely cleared, he excused himself. Angela looked conflicted but didn't say anything,

As he rested his head in contemplation, the walls in his childhood fully covered in photos of ebony men and women, Alice came in after a long minute with a knock, and she entered.