ACCISMUS- CHAPTER 11~ ASMR

The percussive music playing on the radio was low-key comforting. Yev had recently left earlier, as he said that he wasn't going to leave until Dwhyte came back and was sure that he was okay. It was nice of him. He appreciated the concern despite the circumstances they were placed in. He was in the bathroom, sat on the toilet after a shower and decided to give his sprained arms some attention.

Drian got him so messed up. He was satisfied with how he handled the situation. The fear he saw in her eyes made him relaxed. Although hermithertreated him like crap,, he had never used any disrespectful terminologies and she wasn't supposed to either.

All he could do was apply some ointment to his knuckles that was busted and wrapped it with the brown cloth-like thing from the first-aid kit. The house was quiet, when he came Drian was sitting on the couch. She hated sleeping alone, so he expected that.

The two haven't said anything. Dwhyte who resorted to expressing his feelings when he had gotten mad became completely opposite of his personality. He became non-verbal. He ate, made multiple trips to the fridge and back and passed the woman like a disgusted, chewed out bubblegum on the floor. He knew if she laid there, he would've just stepped right over her.

All he regretted was using his dominant hand to do damage. The sprain hurted like hell. Because right now he was paying the price. He had to question why he had to feel the worst pain right now, when it happened only hours ago.

Another trip downstairs, after showering and failing miserably to moisturize, Dwhyte made a trip to the fridge this time the she was sitting around the island, crackers with cheese spread on the counter.

He saw the alcohol just on the winery,  Just bought it to indulge on the weekend when he was off from work but shit-

Macarona Explicit, you bitch.

Vern, his sister in law, and Drian's eldest sister heard of the commotion and said she was on her way. He had assured her multiple times, he was good and the event had died down. There was no reason to raise it again when it had like he said- died down. And Dwhyte knew, that when Vern came, came her mother and the automatic entourage. He took a sip of the bitter reality in the glass, it would've been better cold but had he ever gotten what he wanted?

No.

Her phone screen illuminated and Drian jerked. Love to watch horror and a completely scaredy-cat.  The door unlocked and in came Esther herself, she didn't have the decency to knock but instead did the opposite. Vern came in after, she walked past her sister and made her way to Dwhyte who she saw took the sip.

"What are you doing Dwhyte? You know you shouldn't be drinking."

She took the glass from him, he didn't bother even try to budge. She emptied the contents in the sink.

"Um, oh. Hey Vern. I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking."

She rolled her eyes at his sarcastic remark.

"Watch it Adrianna!" She warned as she led Dwhyte up the stairs.

"It's good to know that my sister cares about me. Always so quick to take his goddamn side."

Esther spoke. "You see what I told you. That boy!" she pointed at Dwhyte. "I knew that boy was trouble." she made a circular motion with her hands over her face to signal mask. "I told him the other day that it's just for a matter of time. My daughter is going to wise up, and leave your trifling ass."

Vern didn't complete the stairs yet, Dwhyte spoke, voice course, it rumbled. "Trifling? Cause 'My name is Esther Cornwall. And I'm perfect."

"Don't blame your insecurities and imperfections on me child! Your parent's ain't raised you right."

"I'm seriously not about to argue with you. Screw Drian, it's only because I respect your other daughter I'm going to ignore you."

Vern seriously appreciated that. She wouldn't feel comfortable with that.  She admitted that Esther can be too much. She takes thing far and she gets herself in situations that doesn't needs her involvement.

They made their way to the green themed bedroom, Dwhyte's eyes had already started to water. He looked up as he sat it was the only way to stop the tears from falling out. He always gets emotional when around her. She was the literal only one he can be honest with, and without judgement and she had healthy advises. He wiped his eyes, she gasped as she saw his bandaged arm.

"What's wrong with your arm?"

He busted out crying. "We got in a fight." Tears were running down, Dwhyte could only wipe with his sleeves. "She bought a dude by the house, and set up a date and everything. Not even any respect for our marital home."

"That's fucked up. She bought him by the house, just what as she thinking?" Vernice shook her head, she could just imagine how he must've felt.

"Its obvious they've been interacting for a while now. I just can't do this anymore, Vern. I seriously want nothing to do with her."

His nose was runny. Meanwhile Vern looked mad, Esther would feel so satisfied seeing him like this. It pained her heart to see her best friend like this. This was unlike him, it was too much.

"I don't know what's wrong with her. I seriously asked you if you were really ready to marry Arianna. I knew how much of a handful she was, because I spent my entire childhood with her."

He exhaled. Shit. He loved her. So he knew that he wasn't about to listen to anyone. He just felt stupid how he blindly jumped into every in the sake of— love.

"Yea. I'm going to take a break. Everything is just too much. I'm going to leave the house for a while. Spend spend sometime at a hotel or something."

She pulled him into a hug, since he obviously needed it.

"No, you don't have to go." She reassured him. "You can't just leave like that. It's obvious that she is in the other room. If you leave then you won't get the chance to recover. You'll just be running from your problems. What about when you come back?"

He sniffed, not liking how correct that sounded. "No more running you're going to stay here and you're going to go about your life. I'm sure Drian meant a lot to you, but you have a mean something for yourself."

Dwhyte nodded because it the only thing he could do. He met Drian through her. Though she wasn't pleased when her best friend was eyeing her sister, but it wasn't something she could put a stop to. She was there for him during all of the times. Premarital and post marital and Dwhyte was glad that she didn't automatically pick her side because she was her sister.

His best and closest friend, still had his back no matter what.

"You have work tomorrow. Go wash your face." Dwhyte got up and left for the bathroom. When he returned, she had a water bottle in hand.

"That's for me?"

She passed it to him, he was indeed thirsty.

"You're going to go to bed. Take a good rest and wake tomorrow for work. Don't let one thing impact the rest you have going on. You have a very nice heart and a gentle soul. Go to bed and wake up refreshed."

Dwhyte didn't wait another second. He went under the green duvets, Vern closed off the lights and turned on the AC.

"Vern?"

"Hmm."

"Thank you."

"Get to bed with your cry-baby ass."
He gave her the finger, not pleased with her teasing,, she gladly returned it with a laugh.