~ACCISMUS~ CHAPTER- 42| When the truth hurts....

Dwhyte moaned with his head tipped back, Catherine smiled, liking the view in front of her. They were in the shower the following morning, taking a bath, but it turned out to another activity. He hoisted her up, their lips connected as the shower beat their bare frames.

His lover's deep curls have turned to a matted mess. It was still cute.

"I love you." She mumbled into the kiss, loving the way he groaned and kissed her even deeper. He was so articulate and expressive that it was something she lacked, but she promised he made it easy for her. 

"I love you so, so much." She repeatedly mumbled, her body sliding down every time because they were wet, but he stabilized her always.

"I love you too."  From the time he had confessed to her and she got distanced, he had developed a feat, but now with her being all out with him had made him slowly crawl back to the comfortable side he was with her.

They had been out on multiple dates. The past few weeks were the best his life had been in this long time. Dwhyte felt happy, and like his life was slowly getting back to the best part.  He finally allowed her to her feet, couldn't help but notice how she hid from his gaze, sometimes.

"You're beautiful enough, Catherine."
She averted her eyes and tended to wash herself. He pulled her closer to him.

"It's been a while since I was like in in front of someone else." She shrunk when she spoke. She was talking about her nudity. It was the first time for him as well. Their bareness an evidence of how far they have come.

"And you have nothing to worry about."

They washed up and got dressed that morning. Catherine had breakfast with him, and she called her ride to pick her up afterward. Dwhyte spent the morning reminiscent of the conversation that had happened earlier.

They were sitting over breakfast. Catherine was dressed in her outfit from yesterday. Her eyes kept glancing his way ever so often. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it every time. He noticed these little things, even when she thought he didn't.

"Say it, Cat."

She blushed. That was her first reaction. Her fingers rubbed the edge of the glass of juice before she finally got the confidence to speak.

"I want you to come with me this weekend. To visit my family." Her almond shaped eyes met his.

"Sure." Deep down, he was happy. This meant that she was really coming through for him. It wasn't just work, but she was actually ready to make the big step.

"This weekend, Dwhyte. My mom knows of you, but I want her to meet you as my real boyfriend this time. The traditional way." Her voice went soft. He almost didn't hear the rest of what she said. She was smiling.

"Of course."

"Thanks so much, baby."

She wiped the pancake syrup from the corner of his lips, her eyes brighter and her frown was gone.

"I told you already. She will like you. You have nothing to worry about."

He nodded. 

"I want us to be free. Like, not care what the media says. Not caring who knows. Just us."

Catherine had left with a piece of him with her. Thr place felt eerie as he dug through the drawers for his cargo pants. Drian had shuffled up the things around the house when she had left, and he was yet to find some of his clothes. It had been months now, close to a year. He pulled pulled the box that was filled with. Lodges he hadn't even worn yet and stood on top. His hands searched the top of the closet for his gold chapparita. It was its dad's. The thing hasn't been worn in decades. His dad must be rolling in his grave, knowingly that the thing was just up there and collecting dust.

He grabbed the jewelery, and his hands touched a plastic like thing. He took it down and sat on the bed. The confusion on  his face was because the first thing he thought was that Drian forgot to take her paperwork or something. He inwinded the string and read through.

Drian's signature was the first thing he noticed.

It was a document from the clinic on what how to care for herself after an abortion.

Dwhytes heart stopped.

He skipped through all the terms and conditions , and every time he saw her signature, his eyes glossed even more. She drove three hours out of town to kill the one thing they wanted the most. She drove all the way to remove the one thing and blame it on miscarriage.

The long tear dripped onto the paper. His head felt like it was starting to hurt. Did Vern know about this? She did all that and had the audacity to make him feel at fault.

He glanced at the date, and it matched the time for which the 'miscarriage' happened. Dwhyte was in shambles. They child could've been alive today.

"Drian, fuck you!"

He shouted into nothingness. This woman was made to bring his life into ruins. His ex-wife knew how to turn his life upside down within seconds. He was happy for the longest time and now, even with her being gone, she still tormented him.

This had to show up now. He glanced at the crisp paper. It had to show up now when he was healing. The salt was added to the wound another time. This time it was harsher and it burnt worst.

The tears ran from his eyes. There was no way he was going to confront her now. He had gone the longest time without talking to her. He had gone the longest time without calling her forsaken name I'm his mouth.

He had gone to the depth kf forgiving her, but this had proven why he should never trust someone like her. All this time she was crying. And faking, and acting like she had suffered the biggest kisconceotion of her life, when she sat thr w tire three hour drive patiently.

He got up and pushed the paper to the side, and he started looking for his cargo pants. His eyes blurry from the unshed tears.

He got dressed and pulled on a hoodie with the pants. He brushed his hair until his scalp had started to hurt. Dwhyte packed his duffel and closed up and went onto the road where he drove all the way to his childhood town. He stopped by Dwayne before he got to the house. After the two hour drive, he saw his brother outside with their pops Genwasaki bike.

"Hey bro, I didn't know you were coming."

"Yea. Going by the house. Thought I'd check in on you."

Dwayne glanced his up and down. He noticed that something was off. He wasn't smiling. He didn't give it sarcastic or witty comment like he usually did. It was unlike him.

"Come on in. There's food inside."

Dwhytebdidnt bother to argue. It was after two that evening, and the place had a wonderful sunny sky. Their garden was nice compared to him, but he noticed that his back home was reviving.

The two men headed inside, and Dwayne headed for the fire where he got a beer and a fruit juice for his brother. Dwhyte was staring at the wall,

"Thanks, man."

Je noticed that his brother didn't once look at him. His blinks were slow, almost like he was stressed.

"You okay, bro."

"Yea."

"Are you crying?"

Tears were streaming gown Dwhyte's face, despite his face being stoic, and he wasn't sniffing like he usually did.

"No."

He didn't ask any further. He pulled him into a hug, and Dwayne saw that his youngest brother started crying more. He kissed the top of his head, since it wad the only thing he could do, despite them bothe being tall.

The kids came in the kitchen, and they were quickly ushered out by their father as they watched their uncle's despair. Seeing them made him cry more. They what it could've been. He kept a straight face the entire journey here and just one question, and he was breaking down.

"Whatever it is, bro. Leave it to time. It heals all wounds."

Dwhyte could only nod. He hoped his brother was speaking the truth.