prologue...

Adrianna's alarm clock went blaring in the wee hours. And like every morning Dwhyte felt the burn in his chest from fright, it was like acid scorching at naked flesh. The feeling was uncomfortable. If he followed that bedside accessory, he knew for sure he would have a heart attack soon. She claimed to be a 'light sleeper' but still activate the loudest ring alarm that echoed through the entire house like a freaking menace. And worst it took a whole ten minutes before it automatically snoozed.

It was minutes after three, he didn't know why she had to wake up that early every morning for, and the fact that he was too, in the process was very annoying. Work started at eight sharp for him, he could sleep three more whole hours. But instead she had to be inconsiderate about everything.

He sat up in the bed as it was no use to fall back sleep again, Drian went back and forth from bedroom to bathroom. The lights on and everything another icing to the shit-like cake. The anger he felt was unbecoming and like the usual he didn't say anything. He just sat there and stared at the corner, eyes very much tired.

"You up?" she asked as what seemed like the final time.

He just stared at her too. Wasn't it obvious? If he was sleeping, would she had asked- are you sleeping? She was in the process of getting her makeup done and ready overall for her day. And he didn't even answered her. She humped with an annoyed expression, he rolled his eyes and went under the cover. She had attitude, and he did too. He couldn't sleep, the least he could do was have some tranquility before normal people like himself gets up.