Chapter 15: STEM

Welcome to STEM class!
If you're still curious about STEM,
read this.

Welcome to STEM class!If you're still curious about STEM,read this

Zuleen's POV

"My X."

I repeatedly uttered it like a sound-tape recorder as I write all my equations that lives upon my head. Almost of the pages in my notebook had been covered with my scribbles so I decided to vandalize my arm chair as well. I switched up my sight as I sensing their glances. Namulagat sila sa pagtingin ko dahil kanina pa nila ako pinagmamasdan.

"She's crazy."

"Don't look at her. She might kill you."

Takot ang mga kaklase ko sa presensiya ko. They might be wondering why they had an odd student lingering in their classroom. They were seeing my behavior as the symptoms of a mental disorder as a threat.

"Is she a public student? Her sense of fashion is so cheap like she was dressed up to bothered anyone."

"I don't think so. Look, she had a logo in her uniform."

"I heard she dropout last year and enrolled again to continue her studies. Maybe her severe mental illnesses might be the reason."

"How pity."

Our Math proffesor arrived into our classroom as he barging out the doorway. Bumalik na sila sa kanilang mga upuan. I slid my eyes seeing Gel manage to sit beside me after she went to the comfort room a while ago.

Si Sir Jay ang magtuturo sa amin ngayon. He introduced our first topic in Pre-calculus. Malakas siyang magsalita at strikto pagdating sa strand namin. Everyone has high expectations when it comes to STEM. Kaya mapapahiya ka kung wala kang kaalam-alam sa itinuturo niya.

He placed a Pre-calculus book on the front desk and started to teach us alone without the use of the book, revealing that he had perseverance and professionalism to know all the lessons inside of it. In all his discussions about the conic sections, palagi ko siyang binabara. Kapag magtatanong o magtatawag siya, palagi akong nagtataas ng kamay. Everyone was glaring at me due to their jumped-off conclusion that I was likely a straw—Sipsip.

"Bida-bida."

"Papansin."

"What a teacher's pet." They blurted out.

"YOU. STAND UP!"

Sir Jay called upon my seatmate—si Gelai, instead of me while raising my pride hand.

"Y-Yes, sir." Sabi ni Gel at tumayo.

"THE CIRCLE IS THE LOCUS OF A POINT THAT MOVES EQUALLY IN A CONSTANT DISTANCE OF ITS RADIUS FROM THE FIXED CENTER, SO WHAT WOULD BE THE GENERAL EQUATION OF A CIRCLE?!"

"Uhm. It's Ax² + Ay² + ...ano 'yan? 'Di ko mabasa."

Gel paused for a second and elevated her head trying to read my current writings on my hand. I was helping her but she let her revealed the deceivement we were doing! Oh gosh! Mariin akong napapikit. Should I informed her at least that she must recite to answer and not just to stand up and read?